“Charming unique Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Charming unique Hotel”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

What a darling unique hotel! This DoubleTree Stands out by itself with its darling "french Quater " feel the decor was beautiful the room was spacious and clean and the concierge service was out of this world. I wish I could remember his name but he was so kind to my 5 year old and even showed my son his rock collection and let him pick out a rock of his own. My son thought that was the coolest thing ever. Thank you DoubleTree Lexington we will be back!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
We are thrilled to hear our team members made an impression, thank you for your comments and we appreciate your loyality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Prospect, KY
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I travel a lot and consider this Doubletree my "home hotel". For several years, I was here almost weekly and have seen many changes during that time, including five different GM's. Since this most recent transition as a Doubletree (from a Sheraton) , there has been consistent expense and effort put into improvement. A major re-model took place a couple of years ago and I find the furnishings to be comfortable. I love love love (did I mention I love?) the over-sized jacuzzi tubs in each bathroom. They are older but have been re-surfaced and they are huge enough to really stretch out in. Breakfast is adequate; your typical buffet or order from menu. When the census is high enough there are omelet and waffle chefs available with the buffet. The outdoor pool is wonderful: large for a hotel property and very well-maintained. The bar itself is an indoor sort of tiki hut-ish structure, but there is plenty of seating all around the expansive lobby. The restaurant food is good for a hotel in this price point, and room service is rapid. In most rooms the mattresses are great; in all rooms the pillows are wonderful (I notice they are replaced with frequency so they are always plush). But the real reason I stay here all the time is the staff. Always a smile and a wave from folks as I come in and out, and always personal greetings and shared laughter with the front desk crew. Larry, as concierge, is a treasure; Peter and Cheryl at front desk have been taking excellent care of me for years; Jenny, Linda, Tonya and Matt are newer staff but have been every bit as professional and accommodating as my "old regulars". Charles on third shift is every bit as professional, but I don't see him as often as the day shift crew. I don't see Mr. Bucci (the new GM) as much as I used to see Angie (RIP) or Mr. Price, around the property, but when I do he is always cordial and welcoming. For those reviewers who have expressed issues/problems with this hotel, I imagine that they would have been rapidly taken care of had they contacted the staff or the "care line". No place is perfect and I have encountered a few problems and glitches in rooms from time to time. The staff have always resolved these things upon suggestion or request. There are certainly more wonderful hotels in Lexington these days than there used to be, but I will continue to stay here for as long as I continue to "feel the love" I do when I cross their threshold!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PenrynC
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, 3 July 2011
Thank you very much for your EXCELLENT comments, we all enjoy visiting with you and your business is appreciated.
Montevallo, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Double Tree in Lexington had a welcoming staff, comfy beds, and coffee in the lobby. The location boasts a Panera Bread in the shopping area that adjoins, so we had coffee and good food close by. Those Double Tree cookies are a special treat! This hotel is good value!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
Thank you for your Excellent comments, we appreciate your business.
KENTUCKY
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Me, my wife and 4 year old son were in town for a basketball tournament and decided to stay the night so that we could do some shopping and grab a bite to eat. We Pricelined our hotel and were excited to get the Double Tree Suites at a descent rate.

That said I was extremely disappointed in our stay at the Double Tree Suites in Lexington. I should have seen it coming when I checked in and they had no cookies or as the receptionist called them cookie coupons. It wasn’t a big deal, but did foreshadow the remainder of the stay.

Upon entering the room the décor was somewhat outdated in my opinion, but the room was spacious and passed the first look test. We were in a bit of a hurry so we dropped our bags off and headed out to the mall and grabbed a bite at Tony Roma’s.

We didn’t get back to the room until around 9:00 or 10:00 and the issues started to arise for us. I would have asked for another room, but we basically just needed to a place to sleep so we didn’t bother.

1. The carpet seemed damp (boarder line sticky). We took our shoes and socks off to relax a little and both me and my wife agreed that the carpet made our feet sticky. We had to put socks back on and move the little one up on the bed to play.

2. My son then pointed out that the wall had a “hole” in it. It looked to me like they must have some work to do in the wall and didn’t restore the panel correctly. This shouldn’t happen at a 3 ½ star hotel. Again not a major issue, but when you start adding all this things together it’s a real nuisance (I have added a picture for those that would like to look)

3. The fitting of the air conditioner venting. It was way to small and made it look half hazardously put together (Picture added as well)

4. While on the issue of the air conditioner. Ours was extremely (I do mean extremely) loud! Our crew can sleep thru things like this, but I could see many that would have a major issue with it.

5. More than a few stains here and there with one major one on the desk chair. (Again, Picture added)

Again, we were very disappointed in our short stay at the Double Tree Suites! This place reminded me of a low budget road side hotel. I’m just glad that it was a short trip and we basically just needed a bed to sleep in for the night. I really can’t recommend this place to anyone, especially for the rates they are charging.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PARROTTHEAD_VOLS
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to bring this situation to my attention. I want to sincerely apologize for the unacceptable conditions you encountered during your stay with us. I am disappointed to see that you and your family were un- happy with us not living up to expectations you and your family deserve.We strive to have extremely high standards here at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Lexington and I wish that there was more that I could have done personally to make your experience a little more pleasant and memorable. As the general manager it is mine and my teams goal to provide EXCELLENT customer service to every guest that visits or looks forward to visit this hotel and that is why I wanted to post this formal apology to you and your family, and I am requesting you contact me personally on my cell number I provided to you in a private message I sent to you through Trip Advisor.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The beds were heavenly. The rooms were very quiet even though the hotel was booked. I heard nothing through the walls. The staff was very friendly and professional. I had room service for breakfast and the french toast was tasty. I thought it was an incredible room for the price. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Thank you for your excellent comments.
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I was in town for one night on business. This hotel was very convenient to my destination and upon checking in I would not have minded spending several days here. The hotel is just off a busy road, but I had no difficulty getting in or out of the property.

The front desk staff was as good as any I have encountered anywhere -- friendly and helpful! The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and comfortable. I couldn't have asked for much more. Breakfast was typical of what one would find at an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your business!! Greatly Appreciated.
Lockport, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We had an amazing stay at this hotel! Thef resh cookies upon check in were delicious! We entered the elevator to our balcony king suite and were surprised by the warm, well designed hallways. Upon entering our room we found a spacious living area with a mini fridge and an updated television. We checked out the bedroom which was gorgeous! The plush bed was super inviting and the balcony was soo quaint. We were surprised to find a HUGE whirlpool tub in our bathroom. It made for a relaxing evening for my husband and I. The partition between rooms made it easy for our 20 month old son to relax and fall asleep in the living room while we watched tv in the bedroom.

We loved the hotel so much that after making a trip to Bowling Green, KY we chose to drive two hours back to the hotel for another stay a few days later! This time we had a gorgeous city view. The baby took advantage of the tub this time and had a TON of fun. The staff was warm and friendly and we were delighted to stay! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with Doubletree Lexington and for your excellent comments.