“The staff is top-notch”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel. What stands out to me is not the physical property (although the rooms and common areas are fine), it is the staff who are super friendly and go the extra mile - literally! When the airport transportation van was delayed in traffic returning from UKentucky, this hotel's General Manager grabbed his personal car and drove me to the airport so that I did not miss my flight. Where would you find that kind of service? I travel frequently and this hotel definitely distinguishes itself on attentiveness to guests needs.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room where the heater / AC is quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites in Lexington. It was my pleasure to accommodate and again I am sorry about the delay with our airport shuttle. We appreciate your business and that you choose to stay with us when in Lexington. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The property is beautiful, very well appointed and the staff is outstanding. An excellent choice for traveling. The room was spacious and extremely clean. The room service was prompt and the food was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you again for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing the DoubleTree Suites Lexington. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed here on our honeymoon two years ago and it was great. We went back though and the heating system would not cool down to 68 degrees, the maids tried to come into the room too early, we didn't hear them knock, we should have put the sign out, and one time we asked for something from room service but had to call twice because they forgot our first request. We night return, or we might not. Maybe our expectations were too high, the only really bad thing was turning on the A/C in January.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and for the thoughtful comments. I am sorry that you were unable to get the room cool enough and that our housekeeping staff intruded. I will address the issues with the team to ensure we don't have this happen again. Please use my contact information below if you have future accommodation needs in Lexington and I will ensure a favorable rate with a room upgrade. We hope to see you again soon.

mike.curd@hilton.com

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Was at the Double Tree in Lexington, KY for the wedding of my daughter. We booked many rooms in advance and held the Rehearsal Dinner there. Everything was great except that someonme stole my son-in-laws expensive coat. Just a reminder to be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are. The staff, rooms adn food were wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for the favorable review on your recent stay with us. Once again I am sorry about the situation with your Son's jacket. We are thrilled that you and your many guests enjoyed the lovely event and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Lexington.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have totally enjoyed our short stay at this hotel during our 30th wedding anniversary. You have provided us a memorable time with your premium service, and every one of your staff members were very courteous and professional. Especially Ms. Zhanna at the in-house restaurant. She made us feel so much at home during the short breakfast time that we have decided that we will certainly stay here again the next time we come to Lexington.

And of course, the cookies, they were my favorites!!

Once again, thank you from the depth of our hearts.

Edward & Sauping Leong from Louisville, Kentucky

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree Suites Lexington. Congratulations on 30 years of marriage. That is amazing. I will thank Zhanna for her excellent service and for her caring approach. We hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I came to enjoy your New Year’s Eve package after looking at many other hotels in the area I decided on yours. I was extremely impressed with the package and what was offered. I was not disappointed in with anything in the package it was delivered as advertised. I traveled from southwest Virginia and picked up a family member 45 minutes from your establishment to celebrate the holiday. I would say it was the best New Year’s Eve gathering that I have ever experienced. The only item that could have been better was the pasta bar seemed to be a big hold up in getting through the buffet. I probably would have had another setup for pasta to assist in quicker service. It is a small item, but other than that it was perfect. Thanks and I plan to return next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful and memorable experience celebrating NYE with us. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Lexington. We look forward to seeing you for our next NYE event and be sure to bring your family and friends.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Had a short one night stay at the Lexington Doubletree. Check in was a breeze complete with a yummy walnut chocolate chip cookie. We had a lovely room overlooking the inside courtyard. Very old south feel. The room was a suite with a sitting area with TV and then a bedroom with TV. Bathroom had an nice oversized tub with jets. My only complaint was the stale "hotel smell" in the room and that is the reason I didn't give it 5 stars. Location is wonderful with many restaurants around.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review and for the thoughtful comments. I am sorry that the room fragrance was not what it should be. I will be sure to address this with our housekeeping staff. We hope to see you again soon.