“High Price”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had to book this hotel for the state track & field meet because the others were booked and this is where our team was staying anyway. We could not get the same rate as our team, which was $119/night. We ended up with $139/night from Priceline.com. We got to the hotel around 8:00 pm and left at 7:00 am the next morning. To me, the price was way too high for the amount of time we stayed there, not to mention, they didn't have the pool open the night we got there! It's a heated pool so I don't understand why they didn't have it open. It's a nice, but older looking hotel. If you have another choice for a night, go with it, but I wouldn't pay that much for that amount of time again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you did not qualify for the group rate and that you felt our rates were too high. We set our rates based on daily demand and ensure they are market appropriate. I am sorry that you were not able to spend more time with us during your stay. We hope you consider our hotel in the future and please shop our rates. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Take care and thanks again.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here on business earlier this week. Here's my breakdown:

Pros:

- Competitive rates
- Public areas recently remodeled
- Free wifi
- Pool
- Decent little bar (Lindsey is a great bartender!)
- Spacious rooms
- Free airport shuttle (on-demand, 24/7)
- Decent breakfast buffet
- Great customer service (hats off to Campbell and Amber at the front desk!)

Cons:

- Rooms are dated inside
- Thin walls...you can hear everything going on in the hallways and in the main courtyard
- Small gym with limited equipment
- Not an ideal location...at least 20 mins to the airport (in no traffic) and 10-15 mins to good dining spots downtown

All in all I can't complain too much, but I would certainly prefer to stay at the full-up Hilton downtown vs. this property.

Room Tip: Get a room facing outdoors vs. in towards the loud/busy courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay with us and for the thoughtful and detailed feedback. Your compliments of the staff, service, breakfast buffet, and our spacious rooms are much appreciated. You are correct; the interior rooms are not for everyone. Many of our guests prefer those rooms for the view and for the French doors, and they do not find them to be noisy. It may very well depend on the time of evening. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was there for a wedding and everything was wonderful. Staff was helpful and friendly, room was spacious and clean, food was delicious. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.The location was close to shopping, spa/salon/barber, food and many tourous attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for submitting your on-line review and for the wonderful comments. As you pointed out our location is ideal and our Chef is amazing. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your special day and that you chose to spend it with us. May the favorable memories last a lifetime. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Business-pleasure trip, with wife and dog. Chose this hotel because of pet friendly and outdoor pool-deck area. Arrived, pool closed, asked concierge about my wife "sitting" by pool during day while I was in meetings, No Security will not allow, did not understand this response since sign says you are at your own risk at pool anyway? AC did not work in room on first night, maintenance worked on it, but we had to call desk and inquire about repair, were not able to fix and then offered a change of rooms. Also had a very difficult time booking a room using points for a couple of nights and paying with credit card for business nights, took 2 - 3 hours, three different people and 6 confirmation then cancellations before it was done correctly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BruceCS
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we disappointed you. This issue with being around the pool is that the cover was still in place and if your wife somehow slipped in she could become trapped under the cover and potentially drown. It was nice communicating to you through email about the issues you noted and I am happy that we were able to offer you a favorable resolve. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Lexington.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently attended a 3-day conference at Double Tree Suites. The management and it's staff consistently went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Housekeeping and front desk were courteous and friendly. Catered meals were excellent. The hotel had a "resort" like feel due to its friendly staff. Would highly recommend this hotel for future conferences.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you had such a favorable experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently attended a work conference held at this hotel. Everything thing from the shuttle service to/from the airport, to the room, to the food was EXCELLENT!! I have to mention the food again because it was SOOO good! The rooms were big...the tub was even bigger...and the bed was comfy. They bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect for us and they succeeded!! Ro is an awesome bartender and took care of us during our stay. I can't say enough good things about my experience. Lexington is a beautiful area and I hope to visit again...and I will definitely be staying at DoubleTree Suites!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the very positive review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites Lexington. We are delighted you enjoyed the service from our staff as well as the food and meeting accommodations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My room was awesome! A living room and bedroom and bathroom with a jetted tub. The tub was not very clean looking so I wouldn't use it but still. The most comfortable bed and pillows I've ever had in a hotel and I've been my fair share! This was a business trip so breakfast and lunch were provided by hotel. The food was amazing as well. Not like typical hotel conference food. The staff I came in contact with were all cordial and very helpful. The hotel itself is pretty cool. The rooms are in a square with the interior ones looking down into the interior hotel courtyard. Pretty neat from both the rooms and the courtyard.. The GM and sales manager made sure our group was very well taken care of. I would easily return on my own if the opportunity arose.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry about the condition of the tub in your guest suite. I will be sure this is addressed with our housekeeping staff. Your feedback and your patronage are much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.