DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Sleep Inn(Lexington)
1,103 results
All reviewsdouble treepanera breadwarm cookiesjacuzzi tubbeautiful hotelrooms are spaciousliving roomfavorite hotelsitting areawonderful stayfront desk staffoutdoor poolenjoyed my staydefinitely stay here againfree breakfaststaff was very friendlyatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 10 years. It has changed hands a couple of times. Most recently it was a Sheraton Suites. Doubletree has done a nice job polishing up the hotel with newer furnishings, etc in the rooms. It is an all suite hotel. The suites are spacious and include a mini fridge and a very large jacuzzi tub (which is the reason we like this hotel best). The hotel is located in the back of a shopping / business center which includes a Panera Bread. There is also The Chop House restaurant across the street (which is our favorite place to eat in the area). Overall, I give this hotel 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2009

After 9 hours on the road we were looking forward to staying in a nice, quiet hotel to rest up for the next leg of our trip. This Doubletree is located in a strip mall but upon entering the hotel we were impressed with the beauty of the interior. The front desk staff was efficient but a bit impersonal. When checking in the NOISE began...there was a party going on in the central portion of the hotel, a band was playing loudly!

We hoped that we would not be able to hear the band/party from our room...we were wrong. Called the front desk and asked to be switched to a room away from the noise but was told that all rooms were subjected to the loudness (I do not believe it) and was told that the band would play until midnight! My family did not sleep well (or in my case at all) due to the noise. I feel as if we were cheated by the staff for we were not warned of the party when making reservations or during check in...if so we would have stayed elsewhere!

I do recommend this hotel but please ensure that there are no parties booked when you reserve your room...you will not sleep if there is! Would have rated this hotel MUCH higher if not for the noise.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Vickie_M
Reviewed 7 May 2009

I have never been disappointed when staying at Doubletree Hotels. This is another property that exceeded my expectations. My suite room was clean, comfortable and relaxing. The bathroom was very large and was equipped with a whirlpool tub. There were two televisions - one in the living room area and the other in the bedroom. This hotel offered a fitness room, room service, pool, business center and on site restaurant. I was pleasantly pleased with the overall new feel of this particular Doubletree property. The renovations from the former Sheraton are complete and very, very nice. However, I felt my particular suite was a little smaller than imagined. Check-in was quick and the front desk attendants were always friendly. The Doubletree chocolate chip cookies at check-in are a must and an added treat during any stay. I will stay here again. The location is excellent since many restaurants are nearby and Fayette Mall is less than 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2009

My husband and I go to Lexington for the horse races twice a year and always stay at the Doubletree. We even stayed there when it was a Sheraton. Peter at the front desk is top notch and always a bright spot in our day. We don't eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that but if it's like the rest of the hotel it's got to be good. Convenient to Keeneland race track and the Chop House is just across the street for a terrific meal after a long day at the races.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My children and I stayed at the Doubletree for one night only - I was hosting a small reunion of Lexington high school friends, and as we now live in Chicago, we needed a place to host the get-together.

Checking into the hotel was fairly easy however we did have to work with the check in clerk to make sure we had adjoining rooms - I had specifically booked two adjoining rooms however the clerk seemed confused as to whether I was really getting the rooms I requested. After 5 minutes of searching (maps of the hotel?) he confirmed I would be recieving adjoining suites. Any wait was eased over with the treat of the warm chocolate chips cookie - my kids loved them.

The lobby bar was a great place to meet - classy, open, lots of seating, however some background music would have been nice.

The rooms were terrific - small refrigerator, nice size bathroom and extra large jet tub, large bedroom, and decent size living room (perhaps 12x20)...ample for having visitors. My children (and my guest's children) played in one suite and the rest of us gathered in the adjacent, second suite. Plenty of room - in total I believe we had 20 people in two suites. If I had stayed there longer though I would have been annoyed to have to pay for internet and breakfast (usually the hotels I stay at offer these for free) however due to my short stay I didn't mind as much.

One small issue...We had brought a wii to connect to the tv to entertain the kids however we couldn't get the input to work for some time (I had to have a friend in the I.T. field find the magic input switch) The tvs were new/flat screened and had a hidden button on the top of the screen allowing input...most normal tvs take 1 minute to figure out...these take 10 and calling down to the front desk didn't help...they told me all input was intentionally blocked?!

I would definitely recommend the hotel - good value for the dollar, and a very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family