“one sister two dogs” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“one sister two dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

This is a big hotel and since we didn't know any thing about Lexington it was hard to pick a hotel and this was a 2nd choice 1st was sold out. The check in was easy and the directions to our room were good. But the advertisement for the room service was what it should have been. But the server was very nice. There isn't much in the area except a Waffle House which would be okay for some. Since we didn't come in from the I75 it was a hard find for us. But once there we were okay. The rooms are big and the hotel even bigger. There must have be a football game that weekend. They take pets which was what we were looking for. The check out was good and we had connecting rooms so the dogs could go back and forth after beening in the car all day. All in all it is a good hotel to stay very quiet which is nice after a long day on the road. Check out was easy and quick.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Plymouth England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Just off the I-75 easy to find and very quiet. Very welcoming the staff were cheerful and helpful. Check in and out was so easy the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has a bar/snack bar this was an unexpected surprise and we were able to eat and have a drink without having to leave the hotel, the lady serving at the bar was chatty and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Brownsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

This hotel was extremely nice. Indoor pool, huge game center, hot breakfast. Best of all, the staff was exteremly friendly. The gentleman who check us in was super nice. We were on our way to Gatlinburg and stopped for the night. I would highly recommend this hotel. The indoor pool could have been a little warmer. Otherwise great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveL9876
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am not much for hotels that cling to expressway exits with all the noise. But this is a wonderful exception! We were only here one night, the last night of a 9-day road trip and boy was it a great night. We wished we could have stayed longer. Although this is not a new hotel, it is really kept up well. The hotel is set up in a rectangle, which creates a center courtyard. I had asked for an interior first-floor room. I was delighted to find that this room had patio doors to the outside pool complex with chairs at my door for my own relaxation. The best part of all of this was that it was so quiet. It was hard to believe that I was right next to I-75. The hotel has a great, hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles and cereal. It has a pub with a bar and appetizer-type food. Four exits down the road are two malls with every kind of food establishment you could want. It also has a workout room and an indoor pool. For all of this I paid a AAA price of $89...what are great deal!

Room Tip: Ask for interior first floor room that borders the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank toelle
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed at the BW on our cross country drive. We arrived pretty late at night and we were welcomed by a very nice front desk staff. We were traveling with our dog and they were very accomodating giving us a room that was well isolated so our dig was not a nuisance. The breakfast was great, as were the very friendly staff. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. My only complaint was that the bathroom was not spotless, which I'm kind of picky about. Overall a great value.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank MelissaL81
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Sorry I didnt write this sooner but Im just not too much into computers. My wife and I needed some time togather and on a last minute went online to find a nice hotel with pool in Lexington on 7/23/2011.Turns out we were "duped" by a online hotel reservation maker that made me think I was making reservations through Bestwestern. After clearly stating it was for 1 night only this online company charged my card for 2 nights. i was also WAY overcharged.All this I discovered upon check-in.I guess to just sum this up the man and woman at the front desk bent over backwards, went way above and beyond anything they had to do, and gave my wife and I the BEST service from not only a hotel but any place we had ever visited. These people I must personally name they were Guy Monroe and Emilee Price. This hotel is a older BW but is very well maintained and clean. I will without a doubt visit again.Everyone I ment who worked there gave it 100% and turned it into a very great time. I would also like to thank the ladies who worked durning our check out. Beverly and Amanda you both have what it takes to make someone smile. Thank you too all!!!!!!

Room Tip: only reserve through BW
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shawn n
Grosse Pointe, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

With my AAA membership, I paid $75 for a Monday night stay. For that price, this hotel was fine. It is an older property that has had a makeover (new paint , decor, etc.). My wife examined the beds for 30 minutes and I am happy to report she did not find a bed bug or evidence of one. Here is my breakdown for this hotel:

Pros:
-pool/rec area is large (reminded us of the old Holidomes with games, hot tub, fitness center and the pool).
-the extra outdoor pool looked clean.
-easy access of I-75

Cons:
-the carpet is starting to show its age a bit (but not horribly dirty)
-the breakfast was lackluster (no waffle mix to make waffles) and the selection was thin in a few areas (perhaps this was due to not restocking after the weekend crowd?)
-the bathroom shower needed some extra cleaning to get the mildew off in spots
-the beds were average in comfort, but good enough for one night

For those of you unaware of this, you can pick up a KY hotel coupon book at the first rest area stop when you enter the state. It has good coupons for area hotels.

Room Tip: Use the KY rest area coupon book, use AAA discount, go online and compare all travel sites (I found...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family