“Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here for our brief four day stay in Lexington Kentucky. The rooms were clean and comfortable with microwave, coffee and a refrigerator. There was also a nice flat screen tv. The complex had two pools one indoor and one outdoor, the indoor also had a hot tub. The outdoor was housed in a nice fitness/pool room. This place has a restaurant/bar next to the lobby. As others have said it is not really a restaurant but more of a fast food/microwave operation. Not a true restaurant. The same goes for breakfast, although the breakfast was buffet style and seemed to be ok for most people. It was included with the price of our room and was adequate for my wife and I, although stronger coffee would be much appreciated. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the downtown area and an easy drive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am proud to say we are one of only two hotels in Lexington that provides both indoor and outdoor pools. With temperatures around 90*F this time of the year, our guests certainly enjoy the outdoor pool (personally, I think it's too cold).

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We certainly appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Lexington.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We checked out this hotel considering the mixed reviews here. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the hotel and asked the front desk if we could look at a room. We walked into the room and found that it met our needs. Very clean and quiet. The morning breakfast was more than adequate. A good value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review!

I just finished responding to 2 bad ones, I am so relieved that you had a good stay. We do work everyday to provide a good service and product, and I am glad we were able to meet your needs.

Please come back and see us this fall and let us know what you think about our new carpet. We are really excited!!!!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed with a group to go a ball game. Wasn't our choice, but we gave it a try. Was surprised to see other reviewers call it a "10". First, the website is overhyped. The hotel isn't near much of anything Lexington. Ex. Claims to be near Keeneland. That is northwest Lex. This place is the outer edge if the southeast part of town. If you consider 30 minutes through town "nearby", then Im wrong. Likewise, the free wifi is in name only. It's a big hotel, probably 180 rooms on two levels. The decor has a couple of updates, carpet and flat-screens, but everything else is dated. Years of smoking has left a disgusting musty cigarette stank that permeates even the non-smoking rooms. The hallways and rooms are a C-- on their best day. The rooms are dated and smallish. The light above our sink was out. Two outlets didn't work (code
violation). Other than having nice towels and a friendly staff, we would have been better off paying the same weekend rate at mid-scale hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank NDexplore
Please accept my apology for the smoke smell and location.

We are replacing our public area carpet this month. Hopefully, we will have them completed by the end of August.

I completely understand your comment about the smoke smell. Our plan is to go smoke free effective 1/1/14. We will spend this winter converting our smoking rooms into non-smoking. I do believe that the days of providing smoking rooms are over.

With Lexington being an urban city, it's really hard to get anywhere in less than 20 minutes unless you are staying right next door. I live in Lexington and it takes me 25 minutes to get to work each day and I live only 14 miles from the hotel.

Again, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I know that there is nothing we can do about the location, but we will continue to make improvements so that we can serve our guests better.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We decided to stay here against our better judgment. I know BW has been in a constant downhill slide, but we saw all the "wonderful" reviews on this hotel, so we decided to give it a try. That was our first mistake. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told they didn't have any rooms available (at 1pm) -- came back at 4:30 & they had ONE clean room (king size is what we reserved) ready. The room was at the opposite end of the hotel from the elevator. The luggage carts were awful -- my husband had to push it & I had to pull it because the wheels were flat. When we got to the room, it was dirty (toothpaste in the sink & on the faucet), the tub was dirty, & the room was not clean/up to standards. A housekeeper came by & moved us to another room (amazingly it was a KING -- after we were told there was only the one). She went & got the new keys for us -- then, the next day, the keys wouldn't work, so we had to go all the way back down to the lobby *at the end of the hotel - LONG WALK*, got back to the room, and there was a light bulb missing from the lamp. The breakfast was awful!!! The "eggs" were GOOEY. They were nasty! The whole thing was just a joke, the biscuits were old & hard, & the breakfast worker sounded like she was going to cough up a lung at any time. Then, the next day, we came back to our room & the TV wouldn't work. They finally sent someone up & the maid evidently hit it & it wouldn't come on -- it was all static. They fixed that. When we went to check out, they had put a "long distance phone call" on our bill. It's hard to believe all the "GREAT" reviews...I am wondering if someone is writing their own reviews to try & make this crap hole look good. Do yourself a favor -- DO NOT STAY HERE. PS -- the one nice thing was the towels were nice.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wdwfan70
Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

We do try to make sure our guests are happy with their stays and I am so sorry we failed with your stay. Please understand that the normal check-in time is after 4 p.m. This gives our housekeepers time to get the rooms cleaned in a manner that you deserve. I have a feeling that our front desk person put you in a room that was not yet cleaned completely to get you in the hotel. I will make sure to have a talk with our staff; guests should never be checked into a dirty room no matter what happens.

I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean room immediately. I will make sure that tires on luggage carts work properly. I know that they roll only one way and sometimes it's difficult to navigate them.

I don't know what happened with your key. Sometimes they do get demagnetized if you keep them close to your cell phone or going through an automatic doors. Either way, I know how frustrating it is to have to walk all the way to the front desk to have them rekeyed, and I am sorry you had to do that.

The TV probably was on the wrong channel. With the new digital boxes issued by the cable company, unless the TV is on channel 4, you cannot get a signal. I will review your comments with our housekeeping staff so we can do a better job keeping them on the correct channel.

Please understand every review that gets posted on our hotel is done by our guests. We would never dream of posting comments on our own behalf. You can verify this information with tripadvisor.com anytime.

Again, I am really sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Experiences like yours is not a normal occurrence at our hotel. The phrase "when it rains, it pours." comes to mind with your stay. We obviously couldn't get anything right. I will use your comments to improve our services and product.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Friendlly people and great rooms. A excellent place to stop and rest the batteries. The breakfast
was one the the best in presentations and substance. Very convenient to downtown and several
shopping mall.s

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad that you found our location convenient. Some people think that because we are located about 8 miles from downtown, we are on the other side of the world. With over 30 stores 4 miles north of us and Rupp Arena and UK 8 miles away, I do believe that our location is pretty central.

I am glad you liked our breakfast too. We do scrambled our eggs in our kitchen and bake the biscuits and sausages in our oven, and our guest can taste the difference.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to your next visit.
Columbia, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

While it isn't the nicest hotel I've stayed in, the Best Western is right off of I-75. We did a stay and play golf package with 3 area courses (Old Silo, Kearney Hills and Gibson Bay which are all very nice courses). We weren't arriving until about a 1/2 an hour before the first round and the hotel made sure that our vouchers were at the course and ready for us. Very good service...

The breakfast was adequate with b&g, eggs, sausage and the usual continental breakfast stuff (bagels, toast, cereal, etc). Doesn't start until 7:00a, so if you have an early round it could be tough to take advantage of the included breakfast.

The rooms are set up nicely, good space with few frills. I did like the sliding door that led out to the pool area. There were chairs and a table right outside the room that were nice to sit in while chatting with my buddies.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a sliding door leading directly to the pool. Nice if you plan to play in the water...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
I am glad you enjoyed your golf outing.

Through our BogeyNights.com, we do more golf packages and any other hotels in Lexington. After 10 years of doing this, I think we've pretty got it down to a science. I am glad your check-in process went smoothly. Sometimes when we have 20+ golfers, things get kind of hectic.

Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you next year!
LIVONIA
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My stay at Best Western Conference Center Hotel is one of the most satisfying stay I had at any Hotel. The whole staff was very helpful and Guy at the front desk had all the answer to my questions. I rate this Hotel a 10 in my book.

Thanks again to the staff at the Best Western In Lexington, KY

Room Tip: Always ask for an Upgraded
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo