“Do not rely on GPS”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center South
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is just off the Interstate south east corner and behind BP gas station. There are.two addresses identical. One is in the country (different county) and your gps may direct you to that address which is a barn. The hotel says it happens all the time.

The staff are very friendly. This is the first place in 3 nights that the hallways were clean. Although this is an older property it is well maintained. it's a large place with spacious rooms that are very clean. I would stay here again.

Breakfast was o.k. But the gravy was watery.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

I am so sorry your GPS took you to a barn!

I don't know why but some GPS systems get you off the interstate 75 at exit 98 and take you through the "scenic" route. We've had gusts tell us that they passed by cow pastures, meadows, and horse barns before they finally get to us. I know it is so frustrating, but I can't figure our how to fix this problem.

When guests call us for directions, we've told them NOT to use their GPS system; all you have to do is stay on I-75 and get off on exit 104. You can see us from the interstate.

Again, I am so sorry for the ordeal. I am just glad you reached us safely and everything else went well once you got to us. At least you know what not to do the next time you try to find us!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Lexington Conference Center Hotel both going and coming
from North Carolina. As it happened, we had our little Cavalier King Charles with us and
had forgotten his food. When asked where we could find something close we were advised
that there was a store close by but not before he offered us some of his little dogs food.

This will be a regular stay-over for us anytime we are in the area. The staff is very friendly, the breakfast very good and rooms very confortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on Guy!

As you noticed, Roscoe, Guy's dog, comes to work with him. He is the most well mannered and good tempered dog so we call him our official greeter.

I am glad Guy was able to share Roscoe's food with your dog. Every one of us here is a dog lover, and I am glad we are able to provide overnight accommodations to you and your dog. Next time you stay with us, ask our front desk staff for a "doggie treat". In the box are a bag of dog food (all organic), collapsible water bowl, and a bottled water. Our guests really like them.

Again, thank you for your nice comments. We look forward to welcoming you next year!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Ive stayed at the best western in Lexington on business many times in the past year,more than my own home.Ihave never had a bad experience with this hotel or any of the staff.They have always had my key waiting on me when I arrive and my receipt when I leave.Although due to my constant state of hurry I cant recall names but all staff members have treated with the same professionalism.Iwould recomendit to anyone on business or pleasure

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for your loyal business. I know it's guests like you who make us successful and we really appreciate your business.

I am sorry that you have to be away from home so much, but I am glad that we are doing a good job taking care of you. We hope that you are going to be with us for a long time.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Overall great stay. Visit this hotel because I was doing a local run at the Kentucky Horse Park. This hotel was very clean, offers a indoor pool with hot tub. Just a overall good hotel. If I back in the area I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
unflappable, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad to know that we get guests who are in Lexington to visit the KY Horse Park. Most people think that we are too far from the Horse Park, not realizing that it's only 16 miles, all on the interstate. I hope your visit at the KY Horse Park was successful.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were recommended this hotel from CAA/AAA and we were not disappointed, very neat and well maintained location...the only problem we had was that the Garmin GPS took us through a rural farm area and the address for the spot is actually a cow pasture. The manager Guy was apologetic as this happens to everyone who does not know the area and plugs in the address for the hotel... the hotel is located off exit 104, not 99. There are TWO GPS locations for the hotel...one is very wrong and if you start going down a country road that winds for miles, rather than just off the corner of 1-75..turn around immediately and get back on I-75 and go to 104 exit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your helpful information to other guests about the Garmin GPS. Yours is the second comment I received about the GARMIN taking you the long way, literally through the farmlands and cow pastures.

I am glad your stay was a pleasant one once you finally got to us. As you realized, our location is really easy and convenient, straight off of I-75 at exit 104. I don't think it gets any easier than that. Hopefully GARMIN people will get the "bug" corrected so other guests don't have to go through what you went through to get to us.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit (without having to go by the cow pastures).

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Rooms were very clean and decor up to date. Hotel staff very friendly and caring. Breakfast was very good, nice selection of items and fresh. I brought my dog and they gave me a room close to the door for easy access, very pet friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is so nice hear a positive comment about us accepting pets. We've received a few negative comments and sometimes we wonder if we should continue to accept pets.

Positive comments like yours always assures me that we've made the right decision to accept pets. I am glad we were able to put you close to the entrance so you don't have to walk as far to get your dog outside.

We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip to Lexington.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Even though we came for the breakfast buffet 15 minutes before it was scheduled to close, the food was plentiful, hot items were still hot, and it was tasty. The only negative of our stay was house keeping knocking on the door twice before we were ready to leave. They came 2.5 hours before scheduled check out time. However, that would not stop me from staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry about our housekeeper knocking on your door before the check-out time. I've reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff last week so hopefully, this will not happen again. We've hired a few new housekeepers in the last month. I will make sure that they are properly trained.

Again, I am sorry for disturbing you before the check-out time. I am glad we were able to make up to you with breakfast and friendly staff.

With fingers crossed, none of the housekeepers knocks on your door on your next visit. We do appreciate your business and I am so glad to hear that you will give us another opportunity. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.