“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lexington, Kentucky
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel room had very nice furniture, it was very clean and we had a great night's stay. The pool area was wonderful, very large and clean. The hotel had a good breakfast selection and was very nice and plentiful. We had a great stay, will def. stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
I am glad you had the time to enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub. As you noticed, our indoor pool area is huge! With over 13,000 sq. ft. of space, our guests have room to "spread out".

We will be replacing the carpet in our indoor pool area this spring. I can't wait to have the new flooring installed!

Hopefully, we will have the renovation completed before your next visit. We can't wait for you to see all the improvements!

Kim Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Burlington, ON
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel has an excellent pool, hot tub, fitness complex (although no free weights). The staff was very friendly and accommodated our Internet requests. We would recommend this hotel to travellers along I-75.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry about not having free weights in our fitness room. We've had many discussions on this very topic. Every time we think about having the free weights, I can just picture a child dropping it on his/her foot and I get cold feet. We have signs that children under 16 should not be entering the fitness room, but this sign is ignored frequently.

I hope you understand our dilemma. We are getting a new treadmill and a elliptical machine in 2 weeks though! I think you are going to love them!

Irvington, KY
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were heading back after a long trip to West Virginia on a snowy, sleeting Friday night. We didn't want to take any chance so we searched for a nearby Best Western on our GPS. It took us here and we were able to relax and enjoy a warm night in a very nice hotel. I went to the bar and had a few beers and my Fiance` relaxed in the room. The staff checked me in quickly, got a clean room, watched the UK Basketball game...Slept like a baby.

Room Tip: get a king size bed
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I am so glad you decided to get off the road!

We've had a few really awful days this winter with sleet, ice, and snow. I've been living in Lexington for the past 25 years and I don't remember temperature ever getting down to -2*F. It was COLD!

I hope you've travelled to a warmer weather. We've added some new bourbon to our bar menu; you need to come back and try them!

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Swimming party for my daughter and it was awesome. Rooms were very clean - they are remodling so there was a little mess in pool area but nothing we couldn't over look. Overall - great price - lots of fun. We will return.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Happy birthday to your daughter!

I am sorry about the mess in the indoor pool area. We were replacing public area carpet and the installers stored the carpet in the indoor pool area while they were finishing up.

Carpeting is all finished now and the indoor pool area has its space back. Hopefully, it will stay that way for a while.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Newport News, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed over a holiday and the service was wonderful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good and we found enough to eat every day we stayed. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub with our grandchildren. The location is right off the highway and easy to find. It is close enough to shopping and close to our family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad you were able to spend some time with your grandchildren over the holidays. I am sure they had a great time swimming and spending time with you.

I hope you didn't spend too much money shopping at Hamburg Pavilion. With over 30 retail stores and 20 restaurants, you can literally spend the entire day at the Hamburg. With us only 4 minutes away, our guests like the fact that they can avoid all that traffic and hassle.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and I hope you will come back and visit us again with your grandchildren.

Ballwin, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very nice staff - clean room. Had microwave & frig, but the frig was unplugged so we were not able to use it. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Hot tub was very hot and could only put my feet in it. Nice area. Breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced due to the refrigerator not being plugged in.

We have a refrigerator and microwave in every room, and a couple of years ago, we've decided to keep them unplugged to conserve energy. It didn't make sense to us to keep 151 microwave and refrigerator plugged in.

Next time you stay with us, please give us a call a few hours before you check in. We will be happy to plug in the refrigerator for you. It takes about 30 minutes for the refrigerator to get cold, and you don't have to wait!

Middlesboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I wish I had chosen this motel first. My daughter, her friend and I had went to a motel prior to this one. Paid for a night and ended up having to leave because it was so horrible. We drove a few exits down and decided on stay at this motel. It was really nice. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. The whole place smelled clean and fresh. The pool and hot tub were the best I have ever been in. The water was heated in the pool and the hot tub was hot. Awesome place and would recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank BlueEyesMLB
I am sorry you had such a bad experience at the previous hotel, but I am glad your stay with us a pleasant one.

With our great amenities like the indoor pool, hot tub, fitness room, business center, and free wireless internet access, I do believe that we off the best value in Lexington. I am glad you and your children were able to enjoy the indoor and hot tub. I am sure they really loved it.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and hope you will come back and stay with us again.