“Good Experience”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center South
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very good experience.The cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff made the stay enjoyable.The full, hot breakfast was a delight on a very cold morning The King bed was very , very comfortable and smelled really clean..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad you like our bed! I have the same bed in my home, and I love it too.

I've been living in Lexington for the past 25 years and I think this winter has been the coldest winter I can remember. I am glad you got some hot food in your stomach before you ventured out in the cold.

We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next visit to Lexington area.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This Hotel is ok, it is going through renovations, it is a little dated, It was clean, and the staff was friendly. The hot tub was shut down during our visit, which was disappointing, and the indoor pool was nice, just a little chilly. Because of the renovations it is hard to overlook certain things, like the mess, and paint smells. The bed was comfortable, but was looking for more.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced due to the ongoing renovation and the whirlpool being closed.

As you noticed, we are in the middle of $1 million renovation. We try to minimize this has on our guests, but as you experienced, we have a lot of things going on at the hotel. We are hoping to have the renovations completed by the end of March.

All of us at the hotel are really excited about the renovation and we can't wait to show them off once everything is completed. I hope you will come back and stay with us, and let us know what you think about the improvements.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stay here every weekend! I work here in Lexington Ky butI live a 100miles frome here. The staff here are very friendly and if I need anything at all they are right on it! The rooms are very clean and plenty of space!! The beds are very comfortable! Love having that indoor pool! Close to everything! Great breakfast bar!! Great place to stay!! Also quiet!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your continued support.

It's guests like you who make us successful and I am glad to know that we are doing our job to make sure your stays are satisfactory.

We do appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you this weekend!

A TripAdvisor Member
Salem, Michigan
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Enjoy the large indoor pool; Comp Hot breakfast; friendly staff; restaurant/lounge is nice after a long drive. prefer a slightly softer mattress but it doesn't hinder a good nights sleep. We plan our overnight stops on trips south @ THIS Best Western.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I love your phrase, "Happy South of Lexington"! We are the happy south of Lexington.

I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one. We try everyday to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stays, and I am so glad we were successful with yours.

With the free full hot breakfast bar, indoor and outdoor pools, business center, fitness room, whirlpool, and Murphy's Bar & Grill on site, I believe we offer the best value in Lexington.

We look forward to your next visit, and we can't wait to show you all the improvements we are making!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed two nights. Front desk staff was very friendly. Got my key quickly. Very convenient location with its proximity to the interstate. Just a quick hop on the interstate and you are right in the heart of Lexington. Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words about our front desk staff.

I am really lucky to be working with some of the nicest, kindest, and friendliest people in Lexington. I do believe that we have the friendliest staff than any other hotels in Lexington.

I hope had a chance to have some breakfast before you got on the road. We do appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed 1 night her on our drive south. It was a very nice room, lots of sitting room and a wonderful bed. Very clean with all the necessary things for our visit. The staff at the front desk both at check in and check out were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad you liked our bed! I have the same bed at my home and I love it too.

I hope you will come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

It had been years since I stayed at this property, and I have to stay it is much better than I remember it being when it was Holiday Inn South. Originally, I believe it was a Sheraton. At any rate, the present owners have made some nice updates and the public areas and guest rooms are quite up-to-date, clean and nice. This property is convenient to I-75, but it pretty much the most out-of-the-way full service hotel for all Lexington has to offer. Still, it is worth checking out and it is a good value. The on-site bar and grill offers a nice quiet atmosphere and basic bar food. The free, hot breakfast is quite good and satisfying. There is also an indoor pool (and a seasonal outdoor pool). This is a solid option for travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your nice comments!

In 2008, we underwent $1.3 million renovation. We are currently undergoing another renovation. By April, we should have all of our bathroom tiles replaced. I am getting ready to order granite vanities for all of our guest bathrooms and I am hoping we will have them installed by end of May. We will also be replacing the drapery in our rooms; hopefully, we will get the new ones by the end of next month.

We strive everyday to provide the best product possible for our guests, and I am certainly glad you noticed our efforts.

I hope you will come back and stay with us this summer once the renovation is completed. I think you really are going to love all the improvements!