“Not worth the money.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Soddy Daisy, United States
“Not worth the money.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Staff is very nice and helpful, but the rooms and not comfortable.The beds are not comfortable, the room did not smell very good. The noice from this area is very loud. The breakfast buffett area could be alittle more clean.

1 Thank Tammy M
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Ms. Tammy M.,

Please accept my apology for the noise and breakfast bar area not being kept clean. From your comments, I am thinking you stayed with us over a weekend.

Weekends are really busy for us. There are weekends we are completely full and not have any noise issues, but as you experienced, some weekends get pretty loud. It all depends on what type of guests are staying with us. If we have a lot of golfers and sports teams, things can get pretty crazy. I hope you understand that your experience was not a typical one.

On weekends, we do staff two breakfast bar attendants to keep up with everything. Our Breakfast Room seats over 60 people, but on full weekends, guests have to wait for a table. During peak hours, I know things get really hectic. I will look into adding another person during the peak hours.

Again, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We really appreciate your business, and I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Kim Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lexington, KY, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice hotel, comfortable rooms, breakfast was better than most motel chains serve. The staff was friendly and helpful and location was good with lots of restaurants nearby. The restaurant at the hotel left a bit to be desired as far as menu goes, but the food itself was not bad.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. I do think we have one of the nicest breakfast offerings. With scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, fresh fruits, assorted breads, muffins, cereal ..., our breakfast is definitely not a "typical" hotel breakfast. We recently added omelets and bacon on selected days during to week to add more variety.

I am sorry about the limited menu selection in our Murphy's Bar & Grill. We did add some salad options, but our menu items are still limited to appetizers and sandwiches. As you experienced, only 4 miles from us, there are over 15 restaurants to choose from. We do have coupons for some of these restaurants. I hope our front desk staff offered them to you.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Westerly, Rhode Island
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were visiting my daughter and attending the Rolex 3 day event in Lexington. This hotel is south of the venue, Kentucky Horse Park, but is an easy 15 minutes away. Staff was professional , courteous and welcoming. Room was well appointed and comfortable, and the breakfast was great as well. My only complaint was that the fridge in the room froze all our beverages - no big deal. Would definitely go back when returning to Lexington.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

You have the most adorable child!!!!

I am sorry about the refrigerator freezing up on you. I will review your comments with our room inspectors and maintenance staff. We obviously need to start checking the thermostats as a part of our preventive maintenance program. I am glad you let us know. This was not a part of the checklist. I will add this to the preventive maintenance checklist.

I hope you enjoyed the Rolex at the Kentucky Horse Park. We have a number of guests who stay with us every year for this event, and we always keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

We appreciate your business, and hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Lexington.

Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My big complaint is the over use of that perfumed air freshener? carpet freshener? Hate that stuff! Otherwise, no complaints. Bed was comfy, room nice size-- microwave and fridge in the room. Breakfast actually had several hot items (eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits, gravy) I am not a fan of the eggs and sausage used at hotels, but... I will say that the biscuits were great with butter and honey! :) Lots of cold options too. Nice breakfast.
Front desk was very nice all 3 days. Good place. Just lighten up on that freshener stuff, please! ;-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your stay.

I am sorry about the over-spray of the air freshener. I have a feeling that some of our housekeepers are going over-board. I will review your comments with our housekeeping staff and make sure they understand that more is not always better.

We do appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lexington.

USA
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have stayed at this Best Western a couple of times during travels and it's an okay place to stop. If you like BWs this fits the bill. It's clean and you will feel safe staying there. The breakfast room is roomy with a small area for couches and a tv. The food is great and the woman who runs the breakfast is super nice and friendly.

It is not new by any means and there are things that can be a bit disappointing. For example, the ice machine on the 2nd floor was out, our view out the 2nd floor window was a dumpster, the drinking fountain in the lobby didn't work (no place to fill a water bottle). The pool was cold and cloudy. My son mentioned that it tasted like the sea - so I wonder if they had shifted to a saltwater cleaning system rather than chlorine (it was too cold for me to venture in past my knees).

None of these things are complaints by any means. We stayed two nights. It was a great location for walking to dinner and driving to the horse farms or other sites in Lexington. It is located off of the main freeway and there are several restaurants, gas stations, and other hotels. You feel safe to walk to the local food places from the hotel or stroll around outside of the hotel.

I would stay there again - I like to collect BW points for free nights. But I also would try one of the other hotels near there too if the price and/or reviews were comparable and I wasn't collecting BW points.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you so much for being a Best Western Rewards member. I hope you've been registered for the spring promotion - stay three nights and get $50 travel card. With you staying with us, you will just have to stay two more times!

I am sorry about the ice machine not working. I will make sure they are all checked and working properly. The water in our indoor pool is kept at 82*F. I know it feels much colder, especially on a cold winter day. I am concerned that the water was cloudy. I will definitely review your comments with our maintenance staff. The pool chemical is checked three times a day, and we have an automatic chlorinator. I am wondering if there is a problem with the chlorinator. I will call our swimming pool vendor and make sure it gets inspected.

We really appreciate your business and your input. Comments like yours let us know wheat we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We obviously have some things to improve on. We hope you will come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Lexington.

Frederick, MD, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Friendly staff, excellent appearance, nice clean room, price (government rate) is highly competitive. The lounge was a welcome sight after a 7 hour road trip. Would suggest this hotel to anyone. It is our 3d stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your continued business.

I know that guests like you make us successful, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty and your business. I am glad you were unable to unwind after a long trip.

We strive everyday to make sure our guests are happy with their stays. Comment like yours assure us that we do get it right for the most part.

We look forward to your next visit!

Clermont
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Overall, not too bad of a hotel. Beds weren't the most comfortable and could be upgraded along with some room tlc. Bathroom light/fan fixture was partially hanging from ceiling. Patchwork to walls appeared to be painted over prior to finishing. Complimentary breakfast was decent and the staff was very friendly. I would probably recommend this hotel but with reservations.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I also received the survey you completed through the Best Western. Please accept my apology for the light fixture and wall not being finished professionally. I've reviewed your comments with our maintenance staff, and they have corrected the issues.

We will be replacing all of our bathroom light fixtures this summer. I know the current ones are pretty outdated. The new fixtures will finish the bathroom renovation. I hope you liked the new bathroom panels.

Guest comments let us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We certainly appreciate you letting us know so we can correct the problems. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.