“Good Price, Very Friendly Staff and Comfortable”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center South
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. It's located right off the interstate so easy to find. Check in was quick and smooth. Gentleman behind the desk very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and bed comfortable. It's seem to be an older hotel but it looks like they are keeping the style updated. It did smell musty a little but that is expected when its hot and humid. I will stay there again if I ever go back that way.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad your stay was a pleasant one and our staff did a good job taking care of you. With free hot breakfast bar, wireless high speed internet access, local calls, business center, fitness room, and both indoor and out door pools, I believe we provide the best value in Lexington for the price.

We've finally completed installing the granite vanities. New drapes and headboards have also been installed. The rooms look very modern! I hope you will come back soon and let us know what you think of all the improvements we've made since your stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here before flight to Tampa, nice quiet and easy to find. Staff was both friendly and respectful. Room was in good order and provided relaxation. Area seemed very safe and secure. I would definitely stay at this Best Western again if I were in Lexington.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I always tell our guests that we have the friendliest and most caring staff in Lexington, and I am glad they did a good job taking care of you.

I hope you had a safe trip to Tampa. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Lexington.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room seemed a little dated, but service was great, and the amenities in the rooms were great. Would definitely stay back there should I have to go by Kentucky. Free hot breakfast was such a great addition and shouldn't be missed as the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

We are in the middle of $1 million renovation. We've just completed replacing the drapes, full length bathroom mirrors, headboards, vanities, and bathroom tiles in every room. The new elevator should be installed in the next two weeks.

I am hoping that the renovation will be completed in the next month. I hope you will come back and stay with us and let us know what you think about all the improvements!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Although this hotel is not a very fancy place, my room was clean, the location of the hotel was very convenient for me, and the staff was very helpful. I will stay here again as I travel from Chicago to North Carolina and back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am your stay was a pleasant one. I hope you were able to enjoy the breakfast before you had to be back on the road. There is nothing like your bed in your own home, but with a good night's sleep, I hope your long trip was more bearable.

Again, we appreciate your business and hope you will come back and stay with us on your next visit to Lexington.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Took over 30 minutes to check in because only one person working front desk. Couldn't connect to the internet, tv would not allow sound to come thru, no one came to fix it or move me rooms or anything. I've stayed here before but doubt I'll go back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

We schedule the front desk staff according the forecast for the following week and historical data we have on file. We were completely surprised by the volume of business on the night you stayed with us. Guy Monroe, who worked the front desk, told me how busy it was, and that he thought he didn't give the service our guests deserved.

Since your stay, we've reset the internet system and everything is working properly. The TV volume is a really easy fix and I am sorry that Guy did not tell you that over the phone. All that needs to be done is unplug the digital box and plug it back in and that fixes the volume. Time Warner Cable is aware of the problem with the digital boxes and working to resolve the problem.

Again, I am so sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We certainly appreciate your business, and hope you understand that what you experienced was not the norm. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again so that we can serve you in the manner that you deserve.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had visited this motel on a previous occasion and felt very comfortable returning. to this location. Our normal route takes us ten miles north of this location, but it is well worth the extra drive to visit. The room was clean and comfortable. The check-in was quick and while professional was also very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

"Where you want to be at the end of the day" is one of the nicest things any guests ever said about us. Your comment really shows that we are doing what we are supposed to do. We don't always get it right, but knowing that we have guests like you who are loyal to us makes our job worthwhile.

We so appreciate your continued support and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Service was very good at this hotel. Front desk personnel was very helpful and caring. Food was good but drinks were watered down. Bedroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Coffee was not strong very weak, however the restaurant was clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry about the weak drinks. I will review your comments with our bartenders. The drinks should be prepared according to standards and they shouldn't taste like they were "watered down".

We've changed our coffee company about two months ago because the orange juice provided by the previous company was awful. I will call the coffee company in the morning. I am thinking they need to adjust the water level.

Again, we appreciate your business. We hope to see you on your next visit to Lexington.