“Standard Courtyard Hotel - Great dining and shoping nearby”

Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent location for dining and shopping. Malone's restaurant (steak house) across the street was a great choice. Aqua Sushi located inside Malone's was also extremely good. Easy freeway access. Shopping close to the hotel. What more do you need for a business hotel?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a Friday night after a day at Keeneland. It is about 15-20 minutes from the track but close to i-75 and what you expect from a Courtyard, clean and comfortable. You can tell that they cater to the horse crowd. I was surprised at the price and would assume the high rate that we had was do to the fall race season as well. The lower quality hotels were also charging pretty steep rates though, so I can't blame Courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The lobby area was decorated in a very modern style. The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants, and the interstate. A convenient store across the street for fuel and necessities. Service was very good too. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Another hotel cancelled us 1 day prior to arrival, due to water pipes breaking.
So glad they did, because I'm sure this hotel was so much nicer.
A little drive from our destination of Richmond but well worth it.
Great rooms, clean, comfortable beds, would definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

What a great stay. After a debacle of a stay at a Hampton Inn recently I decided to switch to Marriott. What a difference. This Marriott is located off of I75 near the Hamburg Shopping Center. The check in was smooth, courteous and professional. The lobby was well laid out and appealing. The room was clean with all fixtures well maintained. It had a very pleasing mixture of form and function. I enjoyed the decor and all the outlets/lights were just where I needed them to be, providing for a nice work experience. I liked that the bed was facing the windows instead of the ubiquitous television set. I love waking up to the sunshine (I recommend an east facing room). The bed was comfortable (although a little squeaky) with excellent pillow selection between soft and firm. The free in room wifi was fast and consistent. The bathroom was clean and orderly. The exterior was well maintained and located in a very nice neighborhood. I recommend a morning run, I enjoyed mine. Check out was a breeze and the front desk personnel were very helpful and attentive. I did not take advantage of the other amenities (pool, gym, food, etc.) so I can not comment on those. I really enjoyed this stay and will be back again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is fully updated and our room was spacious and clean. Plenty of room for my husband, two boys and me. Nice looking indoor pool, although we didn't use it. Location is good--across the street from Malone's, Harry's Bar and Aqua--and I loved the fact that you could come back and have an after dinner drink in the lobby bar/restaurant area. The only downside was that around midnight, our A/c unit became a bit noisy and it kept me awake, unfortunately. We got a great rate on this hotel, and I would probably stay here again, all things considered.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We prepaid for a room at another hotel only to arrive after midnight to be told our room had been given to someone else. We drove on until we came to this hotel and were told it was no problem to give us a room for two nights with a king bed. This hotel was clean, quiet, the staff was amazingly efficient from the night clerk who got us checked in within minutes to the day clerk, Cathy, who personally brought us our breakfast. After driving for 8 hours, we would have been happy anywhere but this hotel stayed fantastic our entire stay. We had a problem with the air conditioning the first night and it was repaired and replaced within hours of our notifying the clerk. No complaints with this place. There is not a free breakfast, but we did order breakfast one morning and it was delicious and not overly priced for food delivered right to your bed. And there are plenty of eateries around! We have family in the area so will be visiting again and hope to make this hotel our base. You have a staff to be proud of!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and could hear the person above us walking around at times. Perhaps it was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple