“Business Mtng - Before Christmas”

Hilton Garden Inn Lexington
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Hinton
“Business Mtng - Before Christmas”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great location in Lexington that is just off interstate, near major shopping and places to eat. Was great, safe location for my family to be based out of while I was working. Would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We value your opinion and appreciate your feedback. At the Hilton Garden Inn we want to ensure that every guest's stay is enjoyable. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The rooms need updating I had strange people cleaning my room they were not in uniforms. They were rude. I heard a housekeeper say they had beg bugs in two of the rooms. The bathroom was horrible. My heat didn't work. I had to change hotels in the middle of my weekend. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I am so sorry for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting us know. The housekeeping staff were new, and not in new uniforms that day. I am pleased to report all housekeeping staff are in uniforms and are champions of their industry. We strive to provide an excellent experience for each of our guests. Please stay with us again should you be in the Lexington area so that we can prove our dedication to making it right. Thank you!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed three nights in the Lexington Hilton Garden Inn for business. The staff is very friendly and ALMOST makes up for the ratty conditions in the hotel. The lobby is in good shape and the breakfast is superb. But the rooms are in real need of updating. The bathroom floor has permanent skuff marks, the toilet kept running, paint is peeling on corners, carpet is worn and curling up at the edges. This Hilton Garden Inn is more on par with a Super 8 except for the lobby.

Internet works fine and I slept comfortably, so the room fulfilled its purpose. Still, they should either update to Hilton standards or lower the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for selecting our hotel. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations—I was delighted to read from your review that you found our staff to be friendly and that they made your stay pleasant; however, I am disappointed that in some areas, we were unable to meet your expectations. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to updating---we're already on our way. In fact, our property will be undergoing some renovations in the near future to address the concerns you addressed.

Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very nice staff. Helpful. The room had a lumpy mattress. The plug receptacle for the coffee maker was loose and not well attached to wall. The thermostat on the wall is for show and just clicks or does not function, you have to adjust the heating/cooling from the machine like the old motels

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alison M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 4 November 2013

Thank you!
knoxville, tn
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family and I were in Lexington to attend a dance competition. I selected Hilton Garden Inn because typically Hilton Hotels are great places to stay. While the location was great, the hotel was just okay. The lobby area is very nice & cheery. When we checked in we were informed the pool was not available because the heater for the pool wasn't working properly & the water was very hot but we were assured someone was on the way to fix it. This was at approximately 5:30pm. We went to dinner & got back about 8:00 and it was clear there had been no attempt to fix the pool. I booked this hotel specifically because of the pool. I have an 8 year old that likes to swim. Would have been nice to had a notice about the pool - we would have stayed elsewhere.
The hallway on the 2nd level smelled like it was a smoking floor but our room was okay. Carpet's a little worn but overall the room was okay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry for the trouble you had during your recent stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with an excellent experience while here. I feel that we failed you. Unfortunately our pool was under going emergency maintenance on the heat exchanger while you were here. We cannot, in good concious, let our guests use the pool when it is not safe. We are at the mercy of the pool company on when the parts are in and installed up to the Health Department standards.

Please let us know if you return to the area and we will make sure that if there is a problem with the pool we can secure you an alternative location to swim at.

Thank you!

Gulf Breeze, Florida, USA
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Lexington is nicely located near fast food and restaurants and very convenient to I-64/I-75. The breakfast was good and the staff very helpful. Overall a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. My team works very hard to provide our guests a wonderful experience. I will let them know, as they deserve the pat on the back.

We look forward to serving you with excellence again should you be in the Lexington area.

Lexington, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Pass on this hotel. Poor service, dirty bathrooms and hallways filled with cigarette smoke. Staff is not responsive to the clients needs. Suggest that you find another location. The bathroom floor was black with layers of dust and ect. from previous guests. Don't think the floor around the shower had been cleaned in the past 12 months. Lexington, Ky has many good hotels, you may want to try a different flagship.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Harold G
Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Harold,

Please accept my deepest condolences for your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington. Since your stay at the property the hotel has undergone a new ownership and management team change that is dedicated to their guests. I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback and to ask you back for another stay to show we are willing to go the extra mile to take care of our dear guests. Please give us another try in your future to show you just that.

Todd A. Price