“Great, Clean, Friendly Hotel in Lexington”

Hilton Garden Inn Lexington
Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Helmetta, New Jersey
“Great, Clean, Friendly Hotel in Lexington”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I traveled to Lexington, Kentucky in June 2014 for a friend's wedding. I was traveling solo, and decided on this hotel in the Hamburg section of the city mainly because of proximity and price. For $109 per night, it was slightly cheaper than the Courtyard Marriott (the other one I was considering) and the Residence Inn Hotel and Suites across the street.

My only complaint about this hotel is the size of the parking lot. One evening I got the last spot in the whole entire lot, and this was when the hotel was near (but not at) full occupancy.

Other than this minor complaint, everything is positive. The staff were friendly and courteous, and easily changed my room the 3rd floor, which was exclusively non-smoking. The room was fresh and clean. A nice perk was the Kuerig single-cup coffee brewer in the hotel along with the microwave. There were K-cups for coffees and teas which was a nice, convenient treat in the morning.

Also worth noting: free wi-fi in the hotel and rooms. There is a breakfast option in the lobby restaurant for $5.95 although I didn't partake in this amenity. While the fitness room was skimpy, the sole elliptical provided for a nice afternoon workout.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is non-smoking. End of hallway is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for selecting our hotel. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations—I was delighted to read from your review that you found our staff to be friendly and that they made your stay pleasant; however, I am disappointed that in some areas, we were unable to meet your expectations. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to updating---we're already on our way. In fact, our property will be undergoing some renovations in the near future to address the concerns you addressed.

Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
FAIRVIEW, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The experience was very satisfactory on all accounts. the staff is great , the service is super and the price is okay. the facilities are perfect for our purpose and every one in our party-about 27- has a great time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for the kind review as it goes a long way. It also helps up to improve upon our product and services by getting this feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay as that is our main priority here in Lexington. Once again thank you and I look forward to serving you again
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn to visit nearby Bourbon distilleries. The staff was responsive when I called to modify my reservation and when I arrived late at night due to flight delays. The room itself was not very clean and when I brought it to the attention the desk manager apologized, adjusted the bill and promised to walk the room. In general, I like Hilton Garden Inns, so the lack of cleanliness was disappointing, but the staff's responsiveness salvaged the situation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I'm glad we were able to resolve the situation. Our guests are the main priority and I'm sorry we failed you in your eyes. I do hope to make it up to you next time you are back in Lexington and I will do everything in my power to make sure you have a great stay.

Hilliard
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was a group event. The hotel staff was very accommodating, including a place to wash motorcycles. The breakfast was well prepared and presented and the facility was attractive and comfortable. I would return there for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alison M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for the kind review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Hog Rally was a really fun event and we were glad to have you all here. Let us know next time you're in town and we will take good care of you.

Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed during the Kentucky State H.O.G. Rally and the staff was very friendly and courteous. Check-in and check-out were a breeze and the desk staff were the friendliest group I have ever experienced during my travels. Rooms were quiet and clean. Breakfast was buffet style and items never ran out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind review as it goes a long way! We enjoyed having you all here with the Hog Rally as it was a lot of fun for us. We look forward to your next visit and until then, be well!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very attentive staff to my needs and requests. I had left my phone charger at home and they had one in the lost and found they let me use. Enjoyed this stay and will be back next year for the KY State HOG rally.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind review as we strive to provide the best service possible. We enjoyed having all of the Hog Rally members and look forward to it again. I'm glad to hear you had a great time as that's what we like to hear. Take care of yourself!

Hernandez, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel was located a short walk from all activities. Great breakfast Buffet. Rooms were spacious and quiet. Check out was fast and easy. If this event is held again in Lexington, I will stay at this hotel again if available.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

If you thought your stay was great this time, wait till you come back after we've had a major renovation. This hotel is getting ready to receive an overall upgrade and will be even better. Give us a shout if you are ever back this way and we will look forward to providing you with the best service possible.