“Stayed here on business but the pleasure was all mine!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
London, Kentucky
“Stayed here on business but the pleasure was all mine!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel and staff could not have been better! A rather large group of coworkers and I were placed here by our new employer while in town for training. We stayed 4 nights total and our stay could not have been better! Hotel staff was always nice and engaging. Breakfast attendant is especially friendly and accommodating. A Fresh hot breakfast provided each morning with biscuits, gravy, bacon or sausage, eggs, waffles, fruit, muffins, cereal, oatmeal and more. The pool and hot tub area, while not huge in size, is enjoyable after a long day of training or shopping. The area is always clean and inviting with towels provided. A fitness room is also available. Hot coffee and cookies are served round the clock in the lobby. Internet is fast compared to some hotels. The hotel is right off of I75 at exit 110 so very close to Hamburg Pavilion (shopping and fine dining). I look forward to returning in a few weeks for a second business trip. I would definitely consider Country Inn and Suites as a vacation stay as well.

Room Tip: Handicap accessible rooms are spacious with large bathroom and include shower seat, handrails, and s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Southernkygal
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your very positive feedback concerning your stay with our Country Inn and Suites. We are happy that our staff and accommodations were able to meet your needs. The pleasure was actually ours to have you stay with us. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to accommodate you in the future.

Sharlene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We made reservations here on the day we were planning to stop. The hotel is convenient to the Interstate. The room was very large and clean, and the staff were quite friendly. A little bit of street noise, but not too disruptive. Breakfast is included and has a decent selection of adequate fare. Consistent with other stays at the Country Inn chain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a swim meet early in the morning in Lexington to we needed a hotel to stay in. The horse track was opening this weekend and the University of Kentucky was having parents weekend. This was the only reservation we could find. Place was easy to find. We arrived after 9:30 pm and were gone by 7:00 am. Did not use any of the amenities or eat breakfast. Did look for a soda and was a little disappointed by the tiny selection. Nice room just as advertised. Shower was nice as well. Evidently the guests prior to us had opened the window and not gotten it completely shut. We had to get 5 stink bugs off the curtain. Not the hotels fault, the window looked shut. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kitchener, Ontario
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here one night in Mid-August on our way to Disney World. We ran into automobile issues and the staff were very courteous and assisted in finding a reputal garage for me to bring my SUV into to get fixed. They also allowed us to stay into the afternoon the day after, until our car was fixed. The overal hotel itself was in great condition. Of the dozens of Country Inn & Suites we have stayed in, this particular one had by far, the most comfortable beds and nicest sheets of all of them. The breakfast was good as well. I've seen posts from other reviews regarding street noise. I think it must be something in the US design of these buildings as the windows are paper thin and you do hear some outside noise. It was not significant enough to cause any issues for us. Don't hesitate to stay here, fantastic property!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We travel with three children (ages 3 to 7); we like this chain. We had booked online using our points. 28,000 were for a FREE night which I feel is a bit high in points.( but it could've been full price). I had also called the hotel to let them know a few days prior we're going to be a late check in, close to 10P. The person I spoke with was polite and courteous.
We checked on a FRI night about 10:30P, calling once from the road as there was terrible traffice and construction congestion on I75. That front desk person was polite and courteous. She remembered our call, greeted us warmly. We got the key card, headed up to the room in a matter of minutes. The room was nice, no complaints about the beds or decor. Bathroom was nice, roomy for showering children and plenty of counter space. I have gotten into the habit of requesting a high floor, not facing the highway and away from the ice/vending/elevator areas.
We had stayed there before knowing that HWY 60 can be loud at night. We didn't face the highway but could still hear traffic from the highway. The air conditioner was set to a very low temp but blowing high, I adjusted that and no issues after that. Overall, decent nights rest. We didn't swim but enjoyed the choc chip and peanut butter cookies.
We enjoyed in breakfast the following morning, eggs (patty like shape), sausage with biscuits & gravy. I wish less processed foods were on the menu. The staff person in the dining area was friendly and was very prompt at cleaning the tables. There is a small seating area with a about eight tables. As always, get there to eat before 8A! Otherwise, you're standing and trying to eat.

Room Tip: Even on a higher floor not facing HWY 60, traffic can be heard. We stayed on floor #4.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I didn't book online, since the last hotel, I booked online was a total failure, I decided to personally
visit each hotel, that looked half way decent. Last booking I let pricing be my guide. Never ever let pricing be your sole factor. This hotel is superb , from check in...free oatmeal cookies, workable computer for guest. Clean swimming pool. Breakfast outstanding, front desk personnel are as friendly as any hotel I stayed in. You will not be disappointed in this excellent hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a suite if available"
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for the last few years.
Returning after a year for my last stay it is still a wonderful country Inn and suites.
Adrian and Britney (front desk) are warm and professionals at their job.
Be warned that you do hear some road noise from route 60 alongside the hotel.
However, this will not keep me from returning. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2013