“Worst Country Inn & Suites I've ever stayed in”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Worst Country Inn & Suites I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I first have to say, that Country Inn & Suites is always my hotel of choice! I've never had a bad experience, until this visit. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. However, the room was just gross! The carpet in the room was so dirty, I had to wear shoes while walking around. The bathroom had a nice sink/vanity, but the tub and shower was gross and totally needed to be renovated. I am thinking this particular Country Inn & Suites is outdated and needs to be renovated. I probably would never come back to this particular hotel when driving through Lexington.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. Our hotel is constantly working to improve the facility, and will look into some of the areas you have shared your concerns. It is our goal to keep our customers coming back. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future, as we continue to transition our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is very clean and the customer service is great. The hotel has warm fresh baked cookies free of charge for guests through out the day. The breakfast buffet has plenty of options for all and stays well stocked and very clean. Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, we always love great feedback as being in the hospitality industry we thrive to have are customers happy.

Come back and see us soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had to be in town for a family funeral and picked Country Inn & Suites in Lexington from the reviews on Trip Advisor. This was a very clean, quiet, and well run hotel. My family was very comfortable. The location was perfect for my needs. Price was reasonable. Breakfast food was delicious. I wish I had thought to take my swimwear because the pool/spa looked very inviting.

Room Tip: My family had a rooms on the second floor. One was on the front and one on the back. Both were quiet...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We where glad to have you pick us as your home away from home for the night.
We love to hear you liked your stay and even though family was on different floors you didn't have any noise to be bothered while sleeping.
Next time bring the swimwear so you can enjoy the indoor pool. It is very relaxing after a long day or long day of traveling.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Good hotel for one night stay during Keeneland Spring Meet. Friendly staff clean rooms and good breakfast. Staff ver accommodating. Convenient
To shopping. Easy 12-15 minute drive from track. On site parking

• Stayed April 2014
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We love to hear you enjoyed your stay, its always nice to know our guests are happy.
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We loved the big king suite we got. The room was awesome. The staff were very nice, especially the lady who worked front desk at night. The pool room was humid, but looked very nice. Overall we had a very lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank emradams13
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your stay.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Bokeelia, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel staff were all very helpful and friendly.The hostess in the breakfast area was especially customer service oriented. Our complaint was the large, crumbling, water stained area in the ceiling by the beds. Something I'd expect in a one star -- not Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff M
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked two rooms for the evening of a wedding. I fould everything as expected - no surprises. That's what I like when I travel. The breakfast was a little better than most in this mid-priced type of hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share information about your stay. We are pleased that you found no surprises, and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I hope you continue to stay with us in the future, whenever you are in the Lexington, KY area.

Sharlene