“Good choice”

Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean. The room had a coffee maker, ironing board and full refrigerator. The price was good. The area is safe and there are lots of shops and restaurants in the immediate area. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stevejcoudrain
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for noting our great location, value and amenities. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Kathy W
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I can't understand why anyone would NOT stay here we checked in last night and will be here for 8 days, and we are very comfortable..i would suggest adding more coffee in rooms but other than that... Very nice, for someone on a strict budget

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thanks for the review, we're so glad you're happy with the great value we provide - we think everyone should want to stay here, too! :)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked this room on Priceline while traveling for work (as a 2+ star bid). It is a strip motel with doors on the exterior- not a hotel. I didn't see another female there the entire time so I feared for my safety- Only saw truckers, construction workers. Room was VERY dated. Bed was unbearable to sleep on. There was a used band aid in the tub drain. Towels were stained. It was the WORST "hotel" I've ever stayed in. I called Priceline but due to their policy of no refunds/changes, they said they could do nothing.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mcmurr01
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The photos on our website accurately reflect the exterior and interior of our hotel: http://www.bluegrassextendedstay.com/photo-gallery/. We are constantly updating our rooms, and recently added new mattresses and new flat-screen TVs in the rooms. We have a variety of guests, from families to workers, and offer a great value for customers seeking an affordable stay in a welcoming, clean, safe environment. We quickly address every guest concern - unfortunately, I was never contacted to be able to help you with yours.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Blue Grass Extended Stay is exactly what I was looking for. I needed a place to stay in Lexington for over 2 months without spending a lot of money. I wasn't interested in frills, but just a basic clean, comfortable room. The Blue Grass Extended Stay met all of my needs at a very reasonable price.

Granted if you seek a place with the latest designer furniture and brand new plush towels, this is not what you're looking for. All of that costs you money. I seek value. Here I had a clean room, a full size refrigerator, good wireless internet, and plenty of cable channels. Furthermore, unlike some hotels that have an onsite "gym" which consists of 3 exercise machines, when I stayed there the BGES provided free access to the local Fitness 19 two blocks away. That had all manner of machines, free weights, elipticals, etc. I was serious about staying in shape and found this to be a much better option.

I stayed in the Hyatt for a few days, and that was very nice. However, it cost about 4 times the price! The staff at the BGES worked hard to provide good service. One gentleman working the desk even helped me get my personal laptop working so I could take advantage of the wireless.

It's your money. I found value at the BGES.

Room Tip: I liked the back side (east side) of the property as it seemed quieter being away from the main road...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Scottxx
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad we were able to help you stretch your dollars during your two-month stay with us. You nailed our service model perfectly - a good, clean place to spend the night with useful amenities but without the frills that would double (or quadruple!) your invoice. Thank you again for your review, we're glad we had you as a guest.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for a extended period of time when I first moved to Lexington and was exceptionally impressed. The staff is extremely nice and quick to help. They keep their rooms clean and it is conveniently located 10-15 minutes from Downtown and UK. Only downside was there was no stove but would probably be difficult considering the space.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank James H
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I'm glad you chose to stay with us during your transition. Thank you for noting our customer service - making sure our guests are happy is one our biggest priorities. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Excellent Attentive Staff, Clean Rooms,Very Modest Rates and Good Location. - We needed a places to stay for a couple of months while going through home renovation, and this place fit the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review, and for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed everything that makes us a great place to stay in Lexington.