“Enjoyed our stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed here twice on a trip to and from North Carolina. We were satisfied both times. Our 2 dogs were welcomed and there was no extra charge. The room was more "plush" than I would have expected for the price. A good value. It was also nice to have a microwave and fridg. in the room. The room was clean. The breakfast had a good selection including waffles and biscuits & gravy. I would stay here again.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Had my wife and kids with me on a business trip that took us through Lexington. We stayed here 2 nights and this was a very enjoyable stay. The pool stayed open late until 11:00 pm. I would like a larger pool, but it was indoors and was very nice anyway. The room we had was a 2 bed queen suite with a kitchenette. This proved to be great as i was up early workind and could go to the "living room" or kitchen table to do my work and not disturb anyone sleeping. The front staff was great and very courteous to us. Breakfast was good as well. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room was close to the elevator and ice machine, but we hardly noticed any noise from either of those...
1  Thank cordyjr
Reviewed 14 July 2012

After reading a number of the reviews from other guests, I would have to say that my wife and I were disappointed with our stay. As soon as we walked into our room, we noticed a peculiar odor--something like residual smoke and/or an attempt to cover up the odor with some type of chemical. It was most noticeable close to the door. Once we were further inside the room we weren't as aware of the odor and as a result decided to stay in the room. When I tried their wireless internet, my computer showed that I was connected but had no internet access. I contacted the front desk right away. A couple more phone calls and even taking my computer to the front desk to show them didn't resolve the issue. Their tech support indicated nothing was wrong with their system. I finally did get internet access--by connecting to another wi-fi service provided by someone else. Later in the evening, we noticed that the base plate of the smoke detector was on the wall but no smoke detector present. The complimentary breakfast was OK but my wife, the coffee drinker, didn't think their coffee was very good. I didn't care for the orange juice--tasted a little "funny." Aside from all that I just mentioned, the room itself was adequate in size, quiet, and clean. The hotel location is very good, right off the interstate. And the staff was courteous. Considering the fact that the rate was $55, I really couldn't expect much anyway. However, I did cancel the reservation we had for our return trip through Lexington.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ExArmyRN
Reviewed 8 July 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Hanover Park, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Reviewed 6 July 2012

What a Hotel for the Rate they charge you!! Susan Capito was fantastic as well as Keisha! Hotel was the cleanest I have been in awhile!! The rate they charge for what they offer is the best in Lexington! I stay here over 20 times a year and what a relaxing place to stay Worry free!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy H
A TripAdvisor Member
Blythewood, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stopped here because we have been happy with our recent experiences with La Quinta. This location is the best I have stayed in yet. The check in staff was very friendly and helpful. The value of the room is exceptional. I would definitely stay here again.