“Nice Hotel ............BUT”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Down South in Dixie
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Location is close, with easy access to the interstate. It is also within one mile of easy to find restaurants. The grounds, and common area are very clean. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly, and helpful. I have no problem with recommending the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RebelYell33
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Linda and Pete, along with their friend Pat and I, stayed at the La Quinta Inn last year on our way back from Florida. This was our last stop. We were assured rooms side-by-side, but that was not the case. The management, instead, offered separate rooms, giving the excuse that everything was booked because of "horsetrading season", since the other hotels around Lexington were apparently sold out as well. So we had to settle for living on the third floor, which reeked of cigarette smoke, which caused Linda to suffocate to death. She complained about her stay vehemently to the staff, who offered us a free night's stay the next time we were at the hotel.

That occurred a year later, on August 17 of this year, when we were promised a lower floor as well as an executive suite in which our rooms would be next to each other. It never happened, as we were once again given the "overbooked" excuse and given separate rooms on the third floor, which still reeked of cigarette smoke as it did last year. We decided to decline the hotel staff's offer of the free night and, instead, packed our belongings to the Residence Inn. We had enough with the management as well as the dingy third floor.

Room Tip: Non smokers should avoid the third floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jane_Eleanor_Knight
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Michelle at front desk was great. Rooms were clean and it was very affordable. Location off of interstate was convenient. A great, pet friendly hotel. My wife, dog, and I will definitely stay here again on our next road trip.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan T
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2012

At face value this hotel isn't terrible or anything. The room was basic but comfortable and affordable, the pool was decent, etc. It was the problems with our stay and subsequent handling by management that earned the poor review. I'd like to first point out I did contact management first and allow them to resolve the situation before ripping them on tripadvisor. Unfortunately, they did not meet expectations. While we were there, we first found a huge bug in the room. It happens, of course, you can't eliminate all insects completely, but it was still gross. This really wasn't the issue though. When we came back in the evening on our first full day in town, housekeeping hadn't even visited our room- beds were still unmade, etc. I have honestly never had this happen at a hotel. I let the front desk know about it (the guy working there looked to be about 16, had absolutely no customer service skills, and genuinely didn't care about us. Why he was working the front desk, I have no idea). He told us housekeeping had gone home for the night and he couldn't do anything about it. After the stay, I contacted management and made it very clear this employee lacked any customer service skills. I understand housekeeping had gone home, but it was his attitude that bothered me the most. The manager told me she couldn't refund my room since we had booked through hotels.com. I understand that, and that's fine. She offered us a free night. Since I now have moved to Lexington, I'm not sure what I'd really do with it, but I said I'd take it- why not? She then proceeded to never respond to me again and we never got our free night. Needless to stay, I will not be staying here again. There are plenty of hotels in Lexington, and I'd recommend skipping this one.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Service was very good, professional and helpful
Room clean and comfortable
Location very convenient near convenient stores = food fresh
Would have liked bags for pet droppings - but front desk attendant was very nice - did not realize we had a pet..upon realizing immediately offered us a "pet profile" form to complete in the event of any issues.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family