“Okay.”

Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
KY
“Okay.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here because we came to a UK game last minute and everything in Lexington was booked up. This was the only decent looking place that had rooms available. It was not horrible but not good either. It was more of a motel than hotel (doors to rooms on outside.) my husband thought he saw a security guard outside. I'm not sure if they have one or not though. This place is far away from downtown, far away from Hamburg, and far away from the mall in Nicholasville. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was a last resort. Rooms were okay clean though. I didn't find anything nasty or disturbing. It just wasn't nice. Not my kinda place...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaraMcKay
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable room to each of our guests. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
Wendy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ohio
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I booked through Redroof.com and reserved a 2 full bed deluxe with my AAA card for 70.99 a night. When I got there they had a hard time finding my reservation and so I had to show my copy of my reservation receipt that I printed online for them to find it. They then stuck us in a regular 2 full bed room which was the wrong room type. No biggie, Josh at the front desk moved us to the correct room after I showed him my reservation receipt again. During checkout they charged us for full price for the room and not the AAA rate and the lady at the front desk got mouthy with me and said that is how I reserved it. After telling her that was not true and that I booked it with my AAA on their website she finally gave in after a few minutes. So when you book a room they don't want to honor the website or the AAA discount . It seems they were trying to pull a fast one here. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the reservation confusion as well as the way it was handled. I have shared your comments with the staff; we will use this as a training opportunity to improve service. I hope you will give us another chance if you return to Lexington.

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

McMinnville
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The personnel at this Red Roof location are always the nicest and sweetness people and really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They always remember me and what floor I prefer to stay on and call me by name when I arrive. They are the only Hotel that does that with me.
I really appreciate all of their help and kindness.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed in your experience at this location
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for the great review. I will make sure to share your thoughts with the entire team. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Lexington.
Sincerely, Wendy
Quinte West, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed there while on business. Josh at front desk was helpful and know how to make a pleasant stay. He even convicted me to get a redicard :) will stay at this hotel again and will recommend to other co workers and other drivers.

Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for becoming a member of our loyalty program. I will make sure to share your comments with Josh. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to seeing you on future travels. Wendy
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Each year I visit Lexington on business. This is my third year and each time I have stayed at this hotel. It is clean, conveniently located and the staff is wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next year.
Wendy
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Our recent stay in one of the Superior King rooms was comfortable and fairly convenient between downtown and the Horse Park. The hotel is very close to the Interstate, but set back behind some other businesses, so it is good to find it the first time when it is daylight. The room was clean and reasonably current, with only a few signs of wear. The bed was very much to our liking. Unfortunately the switched overhead light was burned out so it was a little inconvenient walking into a dark room at night. And it would have been nice if at checkin the front desk had programmed our keycards for our full two-night stay instead of just one. But this was cheerfully fixed without question when we got back the second day. We wern't looking for a lot of frills in our accomodation and this Red Roof fit the bill at an attractive price.

Room Tip: Beware of parking too near some of the big trucks that are parked on the perimeter of the parking lo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Please let me apologize for the problem you experienced with the key. I am glad to hear the rest of your stay was satisfactory. Thank you taking the time to share your thoughts about the property. We certainly hope you will consider us again in the future.
Bowling Green, OH
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Red Roof brand often evokes the perception of hard beds and dated furnishings, however, we recently stayed at the Lexington North location with a university group and were really pleasantly surprised by the upgrades in this facility. The facility was very clean and though an older super structure , had been fully modernized with the new redesign package. The beds were very comfortable - better than some of the more expensive establishments. The shower had a lot of power ant more than enough warm water. The furnishings were sparse, but tasteful and nice. The staff was friendly and efficient. Billing was correct.

The one warning I would share is to get the price quote with the taxes included, because Kentucky really lathers on the taxes: state tax, city tax, lodging tax and a "miscellaneous tax" with no explanation. There is also a charge for the "Safe with limited warranty" whether or not it is used. It feels like the consumer is really being nickle and dimed. In short, the state and corporate policy falls short, but the on location staff has done a good job offering a clean, safe and modern facility.

Room Tip: Keep an eye on those added taxes and fees.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lexington Red Roof.