“Average Red Roof, nothing special.”

Red Roof Inn Lexington North
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nothing fancy about this Red Roof Inn, just average compared to others we have stayed in. Room smelled like smoke when we entered, and would have the smell of smoke at different times throughout the day. Beds were hard and the pillows were way too firm. There was a snow storm in Lexington while we were there. Parking lot was slippery and dangerous, even after snow plow made a quick "clean up". Upstairs walkway was covered in snow. Made it hard to get into our room without slipping. Stairs leading up to the second floor were covered in snow, seems like there was no attempt made to clean that off. Could have easily fallen down the stairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Backroads_Wanderer
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

The safety of our guests is extremely important to us. I certainly apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. Please know your review will help us to continually improve our property. Thank you for sharing your concerns. I hope you will consider us again if your back in Lexington. Wendy

Reviewed 17 January 2014

we have always tried to make our plans so that we spend the night at this hotel. It is off the road, so quiet and the rooms have been renovated recently - nice waffle carpets in the room we stayed in. Mary on the front desk is always helpful, as is the rest of the staff. Lots of area around and in front of the hotel to walk dogs.

Room Tip: ground floors in the middle are my choice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for the nice review. I will make sure to share your thoughts with Mary as well as the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The pictures that they show for the rooms are very deceiving. They show that they have been renovated, but the room that we stayed in was definitely not. The carpet was old. There was a hole in the floor that you could feel under the carpet when you walked on it. The floor was uneven. The bench seat in the bathroom was loose and afraid to use.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haawwkeye
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While our ADA rooms do have a slightly different set up, they were renovated along with the rest of our property to include all new bedding and carpet. We strive to make sure each guest has an enjoyable stay, in this case we fell short. I truely apologize. Please know we will be correcting the maintenance issues noted. Thank You

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had booked a room at this location for a long stay over the holidays. I was there by myself for a couple of days before my fiancee joined me. She was there for one night before she noticed that she was beginning to itch on her arms, then her torso and eventually on her legs. She noticed small bumps on her body and we quickly realized that these were flea bites as she has dealt with fleas before. We immediately left and booked another hotel room in town. We're still dealing with trying to get all of our clothes clean and may even have to throw out our luggage just to be sure that we are completely rid of the fleas. This hotel allows ANY pet to stay in the room with people and while most pet owners are responsible it only takes one bad one to cause a problem like this. Just fair warning to anyone looking to book a room here that it may be infested with fleas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your unpleasant stay and thank you for bringing this to my attention. We take great pride in making sure each guest receives a clean, comfortable room. Please know the room has been thoroughly inspected the room and no fleas were found. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Sincerely, Wendy

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Reserved directly from the hotel, reservation went smoothly, check-in and check-out were fast and easy. The room was clean, decently furnished and reasonably priced. The deciding factor for me was that there was no extra charge for my dog, while most of the other area motels charged from $10 to $75 a night extra for a pet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just needing a decent place to sleep. It does lack an indoor pool, so if I travel with my grandkids, I would likely have to choose a different place. One small nitpick is that the fan comes on automatically with the bathroom light. I often leave a bathroom light on and just crack the door to allow a little light in case I wake up during the night, but the fan was too noisy to do that. This could be resolved by packing a small night light.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I"m glad to hear we were able to meet your needs. We hope to see you and your pet again on your next trip through Lexington.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I checked in and the man at the front desk was good . He ask if I had any questions and check in was fast and smooth . He also called my room and checked into see if I needed anything and to make sure my room was up to my expectation . I had a clean room and a flat screen TV. The bath room was clean and a great shower. The next day I went to my car getting ready to go and was greeted by a staff member that said hi. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I must praise the management team for a great staff .

Room Tip: I like a room on first floor so I can drive up to my door.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for the review. I’m glad to hear we made a great impression. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our entire team. Wendy

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here because we came to a UK game last minute and everything in Lexington was booked up. This was the only decent looking place that had rooms available. It was not horrible but not good either. It was more of a motel than hotel (doors to rooms on outside.) my husband thought he saw a security guard outside. I'm not sure if they have one or not though. This place is far away from downtown, far away from Hamburg, and far away from the mall in Nicholasville. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was a last resort. Rooms were okay clean though. I didn't find anything nasty or disturbing. It just wasn't nice. Not my kinda place...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaraMcKay

I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable room to each of our guests. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
Wendy