“Bring your own pillow cases”

Red Roof Inn Lexington South
Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bring your own pillow cases”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We picked this place because many other hotels were sold out or overpriced due to it being the first weekend at Keeneland. We saw that it had been remodeled and figured it couldn't be that bad. The first room had stainds on all the pillow cases, food crumbs on all the surfaces, and a visibly filthy floor. The front desk person apologized and gave us another room, which was just about as bad. We gave up and went to kmart to buy our own pillowcases and some clorox wipes for a piece of mind. After wiping down the surfaces I accidently swiped the floor, which left a black hand print on the towel. When we showered in the morning, the tub did not drain and we stood in water up to our ankles the whole time. I can just imagine how well they clean the showers if they clean the rest of the room so well. I know I have high standards, but I don't feel like its too much to expect a room to be clean. I would recommend this place if you bring your own linen and cleaning products.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jade W
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our property. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations: please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide every guest with a clean room. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your issues to prevent any future occurrence.
We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Prestonsburg, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My father fell ill, and I spent much time at the University of Kentucky hospital. After a week, I needed a good stay away from it, yet close to my father. Upon investigating, I found the Red Roof Inn to be both affordable and conventionally located. For someone who is a bit afraid of the Lexington traffic, the fact that this was a straight shot from the parking garage was a huge help.

As far as actual 'rooms' went, this room was relatively clean. My ONLY issue is there were stains on the bedsheets. In my exhausted stated I really didn't mind too much, just was a bit freaked out by it. There was also some toilet paper in the bathroom vent. However, it was clean and smelled good.

The wifi isn't the best, I couldn't access it on my phone BUT I was able to hold a steady Skye conversation for 3 hours so it wasn't too horrible. The staff were extremely friendly, especially the morning check-out person.

I would most definitly suggest this hotel to anyone visiting, and would again visit if the need arises.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gallifreyrefugee
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay. We are gkad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are conviently located near all hospital in Lexington. It is a very easy drive between us and the hospitals. If you ever return to Lexington we hope you choose us again. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I booked this room based off of the reviews of the place. I checked in at 11pm without issues. The person who checked me in was very friendly. I didnt need to check in behind a glass partition either! They do have an elevator, which was a little slow but worked fine. They are 100% non smoking and the rooms have all been upgraded. Awesome work area, micro fridge, plenty of outlets and a flat screen TV. TINY bathroom but there was a large vanity area. Wifi was good, not great. TV selection was limited. Bed was very comfortable. The clock/alarm clock was odd. If you didnt look at it dead straight ahead, you couldnt read it. There was only 2 ice machines on the property. The ice/laundry room on the 3rd floor was a bit dirty. One issue this hotel had is its buggy outside, but, I noticed thats the entire area. Even when I went to the mall or stores in the area, there was a lot of bugs flying around. It was nothing that bothered me, all I saw was a few dead beetle bugs. The hotel was easy to get to, right next door to Kmart. The traffic along the main road is INSANE! For a Monday at 12pm, the traffic was bumper to bumper and very heavy everywhere you went. Check out was smooth, and they do charge for the safe unless you ask. Its 2013, come on no with the safe gimmick! I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad you had a nice and friendly stay. I will definately pass it on to our staff. We just finished a renovation in which the extra outlets, flat screen TV's and wood floors were added. I am glad they were convient for you. Thanks again for staying with us and hope you will return in the future.
Sainte Genevieve, Missouri
Reviewed 18 July 2013

All we needed was a place to sleep half way through a trip, ideally close to a bookstore and restaurant we like to patronize at our stopping point. Haven't been to a Red Roof Inn in decades and I was leery until reading reviews on tripadvisor. Compared to prices elsewhere,this was a great bargain. But think small: Small beds, small bathroom, small amenities (TV, phone, clock radio, safe – be sure to decline the safe if you don’t need it or you’ll be charged $1.50 extra).
In summer, the temperature settings ranged from cool to cold. Wanted warmer for getting up early in the morning, but the option was fan only – no heat setting.
The Pergo-type floor w/ carpet pieces at the door and either side of the beds was different, probably for pets (saw some scratches on the floor), but that meant clean floors! The spreads were stained a little, but never trust hotel spreads! If I were only staying a little while I'd definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Requesting, and getting, a first-floor room made it easier to get in and out, since all room entranc...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed T
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for your response concerning your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to always be the best bargain in the lodging industry. We thank you for staying with us and hope you return in the future.
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof in on Wilhite drive many times because I travel to Lexington frequently for work. The room price is great, I usually stay in the superior king with fridge and microwave and a desk/work area. The hotel's location is great, being right off New Circle Road makes getting to any area of Lexington easy. The rooms are clean and comfortable especially since they were recently remodeled. I have only had a few minor issues in all the times I have stayed there and each time the issues was taken care of promptly. The staff is very nice and helpful at both check in and check out. Also this hotel is pet friendly and you don't have to pay an extra fee or deposit to have a pet. This is the only hotel I will stay at when I am in Lexington.

Room Tip: The superior king is not that much more in price and you get large desk/work area along with a mini...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for leaving your response. We are glad you stay with us every time you come to our area. The superior king room is a great value with the in room coffee, iron and ironing board, refridgerator, microwave and large desk area. We hope you will continue staying with us in the future.
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We needed to be in Lexington for a few days. I booked our stay online. I read that they had remodeled the rooms. The location could not have been better for our needs. The room was wonderful. We especially liked the new flooring, so many times you are just not sure of how clean the carpets are in your room. The flooring in our room was a wood look and you could tell it was clean. The whole room was very nice. Staff were very helpful, we needed to book an extra room while we were there and they made that process very easy. I would stay here anytime I need a place in Lexington.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also very happy with the new wood flooring. I will definately let the staff know you were please with your stay. I would like to invite you to stay with us again if you return to our area.
ANN ARBOR
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The room was clean and was stocked with everything we need. We checked in very late at night and the women was very friendly with us. The next morning when checking out the front desk gave us directions to a near by dog park.

Room Tip: Dog Friendly
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth H
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased the directions you received were helpful to you and your pet. We are pet friendly and always enjoy guests bring them. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.