“Nothing special ”

Local Taco
Ranked #31 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special ”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had read some pretty decent reviews, so we decided to try. Unfortunately, it coincided with the basketball team playing. It was overcrowded, we had to sit outside in the cold, and overpriced. The drink machine was not working, our table was filthy and there were no napkins to be found. The food was ok, nothing special. I was hoping after all the situational annoyances the food would make up for it. It did not. We had eight different tacos. The fish on the fish tacos looked and tasted like a frozen filet, think Gorton's. The brisket was ok, but it had a glob of sauce on one end, the rest was dry. Just was hoping for better food. Skip it.

Franklin, North Carolina
“Great Atmosphere an Interesting take on Taco”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was our first time at Local Taco. They have a variety of Tacos and enchiladas. The restaurant does a nice job of putting their own twist on a traditional favorite. I had the bbq taco and the southern fried taco. Both were equally great! The queso is tastey! My husband had the steak taco as well which was very good! The atmosphere is fun and the staff is fantastic!

• Visited January 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Fresh, delicious, innovative food”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

One of our favorite restaurants-- their tacos are fresh, innovative and delicious! I'm especially fond of the vegetable, the buffalo chicken and the fish tacos. But they feature a variety of other tacos daily-- I recently enjoyed a lobster taco--spectacular! They also have wonderful margaritas and a nice selection of beer-- all served in a charmingly renovated old house on Limestone.

• Visited November 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Average”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Living here I have been here a few times. I do like some of the combo's they come up with for their tacos but I wouldn't search this place out if you are coming to town. You don't get enough food and it is actually a little over priced. Nice place to eat on a nice day because of the patio but other than that nothing great.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Overrated”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We decided to give it a try after reading some good reviews. The food and drinks were okay...nothing special. Just another chain restaurant.

• Visited December 2013