“good location, nice staff”

Motel 6 Lexington East
Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just completed our third annual trip to the area and stayed again. Motel has now changed to a Motel 6 and discontinued breakfast. Our room was showing signs of wear - peeling wallpaper in bathroom, worn carpet and noisy air conditioner.
Staff is friendly and helpful and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Our room was very clean. The accommodations are a bit spartan, and we got a lovely view of what appears to be a strip club, but we were driving through the area and wanted a cheap, clean, and comfortable place to call it a night. it was the cheapest of all the hotels here by far and served this purpose. There's no breakfast (but a Waffle House is very close) and you can pay extra to get wifi in your room if you like. We paid $50 after taxes for a room with two queens and the weekend pricing.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Don't expect much here. No free Wi-Fi (you have to pay $4 a night for it). The room is small, and has limited cable options. No breakfast is offered. They don't give you any free shampoo or conditioner. The bathroom was dirty. The bed was comfortable, and the price was good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We have stayed in Motel 6 in the past and had positive experiences. So several of us reserved rooms online for October 7-9, 2011. We reserved rooms for $51.99/night which seemed steep but competitive for the area. Check in was efficient and quick. The Motel 6 sign said $49.99/night and we weren't offered that price, which surprised me. Our key card failed the second night there and was re-scanned at the Front Desk. Still didn't work so we went back up to the Front Desk and were given new key cards. Inconvenient but the desk clerk was very apologetic and did whatever it took to remedy the situation. We had a room with two queen sized beds and both of them had mattresses that caused you to roll to the middle when two people shared the beds. This made it difficult to sleep. I completed a survey from the Manager and she stated she would look into the matter. I give them credit for their reply and willingness to check out my comments. I would stay here again but only after I checked out the beds. The rest of the stay was enjoyable with great water pressure, clean rooms and minimal amenities, which is fine with me.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Clean enough. We were just passing through on our way down south and we are very familiar with the Motel 6's. The room was allegedly non smoking but definitely used to be a smoking room. Not much else to say, for the price, like I said, clean enough, warm water, soap. It's a Motel 6...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

At a little over $40 a night this Motel 6 is priced right in the neighborhood of what I expect a typical motel in the South to run. I say this having great experience of driving around through the South and staying at all sorts of places. Its less than a night at the Holiday Inn, but that isn't really the standard for quality or price.

My room, #114 on the ground floor, smelled faintly of mildew on entry. Wifi costs $3.17 extra. For the money I get a crappy, intermittent connection that took 2 or 3 minutes to load this review entry page on Trip Advisor. The quilt on the bed of my non-smoking room has a cigarette burn right up near the pillow. Furnishings are minimalist enough to qualify as 'bleak.' Highway noise is constant. The room is poorly lit with a pair of florescent bulbs.

No sign of bedbugs yet, I'll give them that.

At this price or even less I have stayed at hotels and motels in similar areas in Kentucky, Georgia, Florida and North Carolina that were much better maintained and furnished with better wifi included in the price. I don't know whether there is a continental breakfast, but in my experience when everything else is this bad the breakfast will be so depressing that it should be avoided altogether.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Plenty of places to eat around motel in walking distance. Motel needs help. The rugg needs to be pulled up and thrown away. The sidewalks and steps need washing and cleaned. In general, not kept up on the outside. Also, some loud guest. Do most people in Ky smoke???? Room simple and nice, except for carpet.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends