“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I always thought the world of this place. So much, that I made the mistake of trusting them to get a package shipped out to a dear friend. I was skeptical of their Authorized Mailing center status, but I decided that I would take a chance because they've been so well respected in our neighborhood. The lady that helped me assured me that the package was labeled correctly, but when the box arrived at my home by the estimated shipping date, she took no accountability and blamed myself for mislabeling and the post office for their shipping errors. Not was their no accountability, but their was no sensitivity or willingness to hep resolve the issue. SKIP THIS LOCATION ALTOGETHER! If you need to mail something, go to the post office. If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, take the trip to Mount Sterling and save yourself the headache of dealing with the incompetence and insensitivity that fuels this location.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Justin H

Vine Grove, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Make sure they are making candy!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our tour was offered when no candy was being made. They were washing dishes. I wish they would have let us know BEFORE we paid! There was a white board (in the kitchen area) that said 'no candy production on Friday, Maintenance only.
Our tour girl knew SOME about the history of Ruth Hunt but some questions were being asked that she had no answer for. I sure hope Schemmps will be better.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kim M
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great Candy supporting Local Businesses...IGNORE the negative reviews...”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My son and I drove to Lexington this weekend with the sole intent of visiting Ruth Hunt Candy Company.

We had a GREATexperience.

Ruth Hunt was intriguing to me because they sell Ale-8-One suckers. But then arriving at the store, I saw how they sell much more. The chocolates were so good that my son who hates chocolate(I know, rare) loved the chocolate. I told the lady he wouldn't even touch it, he grabbed it and downed it and gave a thumbs up.

It is worth making the visit for the bourbon balls. As well, they sell a lot of Kentucky Proud products. Including Ale8 salsa(i know, sounds weird and is actually amazing), Lots of Books about Kentucky, and many other products centered around our state.

Support this Kentucky business that supports tons of others.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Mark S
Tampa, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Meh...seems like ok candy”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Chocolate, just like beers are entering a great period. So many craft breweries making a major change in beer drinking. Well, the same thing has been going on in Chocolate. Look at Mass brothers, Vosges and a growing number of just top of the line chocolates. These folks seem to be riding the established name and flavor profile their customers are used to. Take some risk. Your younger, food conscious consumer or wealthier long term consumer is likely cheating on you and paying prices for top quality chocolate.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank FritziinTampa
Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“great chocolate, fun store”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

A friend and I recently visited the Ruth Hunt Candy Company in Mt. Sterling, Kentucky as we were passing through on a girls' weekend getaway in Kentucky. We reseached the company online before hand and saw they gave tours but, upon arrival, they told us tours were only Mon-Wed (although this wasn't stated on their website.) It was the weekend before Easter and we decided to do some shopping for our childrens' Easter baskets. The candy was wonderful with lots of variety and they offer samples. Prices are a little steep but, it's a specialty store so we expected that. I picked up some "gold nuggets" for my son and he was overjoyed with the small gold chocolates. My daughter was happy to get one of their famous Blue Monday candies and my husband loves chocolate covered peanuts, so naturally, he received a bag of their double-dipped chocolate peanuts. The chocolate had an excellent flavor and the little shop was fun. I would go back again for the tour if I was passing through. They also had t-shirts and a great selection of Kentucky and University of KY souvenirs and merchandise.

Visited March 2013