“Needs updating”
Review of Explorium

Explorium
Ranked #54 of 125 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Here's a museum where you can touch and play with everything! Explorium of Lexington is a fun and dynamic hands-on learning environment that inspires imagination and curiosity for kids of all ages. Open Tuesday - Saturday from 10AM to 5PM and Sundays from 1 to 5PM. Open Mondays from Memorial Day - Labor Day 10-5. Admission is $8 per person.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from our first visit to the Explorium with our 3 and 5 year olds. Overall, we were not impressed. Many of the exhibits were either closed for 'maintenance', missing needed items/toys to complete the activity or had broken items. It is also very small and can be completed in an hour -- even my 5 year old mentioned how small it was and how few things there were to do. School aged children were unsupervised by school chaperones and there were no employees to monitor inappropriate behavior. Overall, everything seemed dirty and worn. We won't be returning.

4  Thank EmilyGrant

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I took my 3-year-old niece there, and she loved it. She visited each "exhibit" several times and would have stayed for hours. It could use a little upkeep, but she enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend for kids over 7 or 8.

1  Thank KGs_LaLa
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Took my two kids here and the 3 year old liked it but my six year old was bored. I was not very impressed with it because it seemed to be lacking proper upkeep. Not much for older kids to do and there isn't any real staff members to keep people from running around. Several teenagers pushed the smaller kids that we're trying to see the exhibits and no employees were around.

2  Thank Kain3526
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I'm in high school now and I will always remember when I was younger and my babysitter would take me and the other kids to this museum. I haven't been here in along time but I wanted to review it as a kid who's been and loved it. We lived about 20 minutes away so we would go often but I would never be uninterested or bored. I absolutely loved this museum and would even love to visit again. I miss the bubble room, it's so much fun!!!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We bought a family pass for the Explorium and after about five visits my kids didnt want to go back. They have had the same attractions for the last five plus years and it needs some updating.

2  Thank Heatherk321

Been to Explorium? Share your experiences!