“great food”
Review of Coles 735 Main

Coles 735 Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Coles 735 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 921 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Ashland
Description: Showcasing an inspired mix of eclectic fine dining and familiar Southern consciousness, Coles 735 Main brings a playful sense of variety to Lexington’s dining scene. Lexington Kentucky-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes presents a menu of reinvented American classics, global flavors, and rustic artisan dishes. Set in a tastefully refinished historic landmark in downtown Lexington, Coles 735 Main offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere – ideal for romantic fine dining or spirited get-togethers at the inviting indoor bar and outdoor gazebo.
kingsport tn
“great food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

loved this place. great ambiance,the best steak I have ever had.we also had outstanding service. make sure you have a reservation

Visited May 2014
1 Thank kristensmom02

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Best Restaurant Food Ever”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Based on tripadvisor reviews, my husband and I chose this as our first dinner destination during a long weekend in Lexington. Everything was exceptional. Service, atmosphere and, especially, the food. We started with the panko fried avocado with crab salad. Hubby wants me to try to make it at home. 8-|

I followed with the chopped salad: romaine with cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, apples, blueberries, mandarin orange and a vinaigrette dressing. Perhaps my biggest restaurant complaint is overdressed salads. No complaint this time! Dinner rolls were served piping hot. Main course for me was Scottish salmon; hubby had the butternut squash stew. I'm still relishing the softness of the salmon with the crunchy mushroom crust and the surrounding, savory veggies and sauce. Best ever! It was all so good that I decided I had to try dessert (something I rarely do). The blueberry crisp cheesecake was phenomenal. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful. Finished plates were quickly cleared by an efficient bus staff. The manager stopped by to ask about food quality and service. Eclectic atmosphere. Amazing evening.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank ZingersMom
Dallas, Texas
“Interesting twist on Concepts”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We were a party of six having a business dinner. Overall, everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was really good. The desserts took a little long to get to is, but the server added a special touch of a side of toasted coconut for my Italian wedding cake. I was joking when I said "Don't hold back on the toasted coconut!" And sure enough, the waiter came through!

The only complaint from
Our party was the bean and chorizo soup was really just a bowl of beans. No soup.

The swordfish special was the skinniest thinnest swordfish we had ever seen. People were disappointed in the portion. It was half the normal size thickness of a swordfish steak. The price wasn't half!

The steaks were good and the shrimp and grits were perfect! I was surprised to see the grits come fried like a fried potato wedge - but it was really delicious!

We would definitely go back.

“Outstanding meal and service”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our first trip to Lexington and ate at Coles one evening. The food, wine list and service was all outstanding and was one of the best meals we ate on the trip. Will eat there again on our next trip. The bourbon list was great and very well priced too.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank PCTravel
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great date night”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to Coles several times and I've never been disappointed. The big eye tuna is cooked perfectly! I suggest starting with the fried avocado, especially when it comes with tuna.

Visited December 2013