“I would stay again”

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Columbus, Ohio
“I would stay again”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Stayed here for two nights on business and i would return.

Pros:
-Hotel is convenient to many shopping and dining options as well as the freeway, yet it is situated on a not heavily trafficked road near a condo complex. It adds to the residential feel and I loved lack of traffic noise.
-I stayed in a spacious two bedroom suite with a fireplace and full kitchen. It was great to have so much space. The room layout was nice.
- The employees at the front desk were pleasant about answering questions I had and even offered to help mail items for me when I asked where I could find a mailbox.
- The room was clean.
- Nice small touches. There was a jar with peppermint candies on the coffee table. It was nice to be able to throw a few in my purse in the morning knowing I'd want them after eating lunch later!
- The lobby area was great, with plenty of clean tables and a nice flat screen TV. I was able to conduct a business meeting there for several hours without feeling like I was in anyone's way.

Cons:
Nothing major.
- The toiletries were not fully restocked. I used a facial soap the first night and accidentally threw it in the trash. I didn't have any for the second night because it was never replaced.
- Many of the satellite TV channels went out the second night. However, when I called the front desk to ask if this was a problem for other rooms too, the man who answered could not have been nicer or more apologetic and told me that he'd extended happy hour in the lobby for the evening due to the inconvenience.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I was traveling with two small children and our dog on the way home from N. Michigan (to Florida) and we needed a place to stay overnight. The place that I originally planned to stay at ended up being booked, so I used the Blackberry to find something last minute as we were all very tired. By luck, we ended up at this hotel.

I was shocked by the fee that they charge for pets, but I was too tired to care at the moment. Since I found this place by phone on the road, I had no idea what the rooms were like.....boy, were we surprised when we walked in the door to our room!!!!

Two bedrooms, living room with a fireplace, full sized kitchen with everything you needed, two full sized bathrooms and 3 large flat screened TV's. The beds were SO comfortable, too! This is definitely a place that you could do an extended stay at!

Then, there was the food! We missed the dinner that night, but the breakfast was GREAT!! From what I could tell, they had special dinners & treats different nights of the week. It was just one nice suprise after another. I also saw a firepit and seating area outside, a nice pool and tennis courts.

The room was quiet and we didn't hear any traffic noise. The charge for our small dog brought the one night rate up to about $160, which was a bit steep for a simple stop-over, but the kids loved it and it was VERY nice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank cavalierpuplove
Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stopped over in Lexington on our way to family's house for Christmas. We were looking for the nicest family-oriented, dog-friendly hotel we could find in the area. I did some quick research online, and found this Residence Inn. It is located in the midst of a major shopping area, which provided ample options for food and things to do. The hotel itself is very nice. The check-in was easy. We were given a room near a door so that we could walk our dog. The room was very nice. The kitchen and bathroom were slightly dated, but nothing bad at all. The room smelled nice (always a concern when staying at a pet-friendly hotel) and there was ample room for the three of us. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Great assortment of fruit, waffles, eggs, etc.
My only complaint - the $75 pet fee is high. The other hotel we stayed at on our trip only charged $25.
I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kg30345
Glens Falls, NY
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We stayed here for a month for work in the Lexington Area. The hotel is relatively new. Pros- Rooms are very clean and my two room suite was very big. Suites have full size refrigerators, dishwashers, stove top cooking area and microwave- very clean and well maintained. There is a nice outdoor area by the pool with a fire pit and grill for a BBQ if you are there for an extended stay. You can also leave your grocery list with the front desk and they will do your shopping for you.

Cons are: Rooms are set up a little weird, the air handler in the main bedroom, and every time the air conditioning would kick on in the night I would wake up. The cable tv in the hotel really stinks unless you want to watch Sports 24/7- they switched from Cable TV to Dish Network while we were there- and 23 of the channels are Sports channels, and the other 10-15 channels weren't that great, unless you want to watch Japan-TV or Showtime. they don't even carry all of the basic network channels.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
South Central PA
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This cannot be the #1 place to stay in Lexington. Or #10. That's why I gave it one star. It's really a 3 star, but the average needs tilting.

I stayed in room 204. The walls are paper thin. I heard children crying, dogs barking (inside the hotel), the elevator buttons, the elevator doors and mechanism, the exterior doors and cars starting in the parking lot. Thanks that there was no trash pick up this morning. The bathroom counters were about 2 feet high. There was no bar to hang the washcloth on in the shower, so it put it over the shower curtain bar. Big mistake. It came off with a grease mark from the shower curtain bar. There was 1/16th of an inch of TP left on the roll.

The mattress was extremely soft, which I don't like, but that's a matter of taste.

The breakfast smells great and they have a very nice buffet laid out. A good breakfast can cover a lot of mistakes, but I'm doubting I'll bet steak with my eggs.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn with two of our three daughters. We were there visiting our middle daughter for Family Weekend at UK. This was our sixth trip to Kentucky for her. We have made the drive each time from New York. So far we had to go to see the school for the first time, take her to audition for the dance team, orientation weekend, move her in, and one other visit because she was homesick. . . and she is just a freshman. We have stayed at four other Lexington hotels so far and I do not have any complaints about any. However, this one is by far the most comfortable and roomy. Probably because it feels more like a home than a hotel. We have decided this will be our new home away from home when we go visit her. Although it was too cold to use the outdoor facilities on our visit we love that we have that option of an outdoor pool, bbq, fire pit, and athletic court. We also enjoyed the convenience to stores, restaurants, and shopping, because you know once Mommy and Daddy come to town, there is always something she needs us to get for her.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We stayed there as a group, so there was a block of rooms reserved by friends of ours too. There were no complaints from any of us. The staff was so great. If you needed anything at all they had it for you right away. We were all swimming in the pool and the lady at the front desk kept making us complimentary iced lemonde. ( We were a rather large group, so she did this more than once for us). There is a great breakfast buffet down at the resteraunt in the mornings. The rooms are spacious, we stayed in a suite and it was everything we could have asked for. Clean, modern contemporary decor. Very nice! We have our reunion annually and have decided as a group that we would always stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family