“Good value and nice staff but small pool.”

SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 24 April 2011

This was a solid place to stay in Lexington if you have other activities to fill your day. Clean rooms, very nice and helpful staff, and the suite setup is great for traveling with kids so adults can stay up while kids sleep in a fairly set off area. The fridge and microwave are very helpful to have and the free breakfast is your standard free breakfast which had 3-4 options for variety. They also have a nice little place by the front desk to buy snacks or items to microwave in your room. The free wi fi in the room was awesome to have.

I am sorry to bring up a negative about this very nice place but I just have to mention two things I wish I had realized. If you are traveling with a child you know how important the pool is to them. And this one is very small. If there is even one other family in the pool with you it is crowded. Those photos on the site show it as small as it is. The other thing I want to mention is that there is really no place to walk around where the hotel is located. You have to get in your car to go someplace to walk around. If you have your days set like going to Keeneland or Red Mile, you're fine. But I like to get out and take a little stroll and there just was not a good place to do that here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2011

This hotel is a bit hard to find as it is located behind a restaurant and service station. However, it was definitely worth the effort to find it. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and updated and include a fridge and microwave. Breakfast is included and the selection was good. Coffee was excellent. There is a Mexican restaurant and an Italian restaurant next to the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Wireless internet worked well. Marriott hotels don't offer as many washroom amenities as other competing chains but the beds are very comfortable and the room we had was quiet. This is the second time we have tried Springhill Suites hotels and we think they offer excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I never write reviews,because reading other reviews, I find people petty and complaining about things that they know don't come with the price.I did not want to become that person.
I always loved this hotel. I stayed every year for Keenelands opening weekend in October.It was also the Red Mile's grand circuit week.It was a perfect fit for me !
Sometimes I would go bet at Keenelands drive thru (when the weather was awful) and go back to the room and watch the races on tvg.To my surprise,this year there was no tvg on the channel selections.How could you be in the heart of horse country,and stop carrying a horse racing channel? See, I sound petty ! But this was my week every year for horses.
This hotel has always been clean,comfortable;and,the help wonderful;but I won't stay there anymore because of my one petty little complaint.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way,but I was told that others had complained.So if you are the manager,why lose business to other hotels? Horse people need love too !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2011

friendly staff, modern facility, spacious breakfast area, average but acceptable free breakfast, nice exercise room, nice location esp if you need to be in downtown Lex. Starbucks right accross the street. if you are in for UK basketball, it is walkable, but may be too much on a cold winter night. strangely, the hotel does not offer its van to take guests to the basketball arena.

def great spot to stay in Lex.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2010

What a pleasant experience...and a lovely room! The check in was seamless...I had made reservations online, and they had my room card/key ready when we arrived. Check in was a flash! The hotel is new and the suite is just thar...spacious and spotless, with the amazingly comfortable bed! There is a free continental breakfast and is was great-waffles, eggs, Danish, sausage, as well as healthy fare like kashi cereal, fruit, low fat yogurt. I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Really enjoyed our stay here. Fantastic breakfast buffet, free wifi in rooms, nice little kitchenettes area...all was only $99! Took a few minutes to find because it wasn't right off the highway, but that's not a major problem.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 16 November 2010

My wife and I travel to Lexington every year to watch the Wildcats play and shop for Wildcat memorabilia. We have stayed in numerous hotels and we both thought this was the best. It's not connected to Rupp Arena or within walking distance but the other positives outweighed that semi-negative. The front lobby and breakfast area is really nice. The breakfast choices were plentiful and included fruit, yogurt, eggs, cereal, pastries etc.....If you forgot something or are in need of a snack there is a little cafe/shop that includes everything from pop-tarts to beer. Our room was really nice with a seperate sitting area and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in while staying at a hotel. We both took advantage of the fitness center and the pool and hot-tub were nice and clean. The view from our window was of the racetrack which provided a nice Lexington ambiance.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple