“Beautiful minor league park” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whitaker Bank Ballpark

Whitaker Bank Ballpark
Ranked #23 of 116 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Lexington Legends, the Houston Astros' Class A affiliate in the South Atlantic League.
NJ
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful minor league park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2006

We love going to see the Lexington Legends play when we are in Kentucky. This ballpark is new, clean, and really fun !

1 Thank MichelleOK

Germany
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 214 helpful votes
“Lexington Legends game, June 11,2005.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2006

Lexington Legends game, June 11,2005.

The Maker's Mark club room is awesome !!!! The Club is air-conditioned and that alone is worth the price of admission on a hot-humid evening. Also it has closed - circuit T.V. so you won't miss a single play. My wife and I have been to quite a few games and we always have alot of fun there.

5 Thank crud_bud
London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“What Baseball Used To Be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2004

On my last visit to Lexington my family had gotten word that the Applebee's Park was worth a stop. So one evening we got some tickets to the game and walked into what I can only describe as the way baseball was meant to be! This park is a little piece of Americana folks! You can not ask for a more perfect setting for a fun time baseball game. The local team - the Legends are minor - AA maybe - but the park alone is just awe inspiring for any old baseball buff. It's small and beautiful. The food is above average and there is something for all ages. The team is young and fun to watch - but I found myself gazing at the diamond feeling like I had just jumped into "Field of Dreams". If you like old school baseball - this is the place to go in Lexington.

4 Thank SeeTheWorld24