“Can't get any worse”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Well let me start by saying it started bad, I know you are laughing by now, But we made a reservation for 6 that the host had no idea about, good thing they were slow so we got us a seat then the upstairs room was hot as an oven. The waitress brings us glasses of water with no ice and second that she bring us glasses with fingers inside the glasses, That's great for catching all kind viruses that are floating around, The service was very staggered, If you drink whiskey then you don't want to come here because they pour 1oz of liquor and charge $10 for it . When I mentioned it, they said that is there normal pour, Bad experience for a first and last visit.
Any way one thing I liked was the food.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I recently moved to Lexington and have been trying out many local restaurants. We stopped by here for lunch today, and let's face it, there are plenty of other options within walking distance, but we wanted to try this place out... Our mistake.

The lunch menu is very small with limited options. I ordered the burger to be cooked medium well. When my burger came out it looked like a charcoal briquet. It was so blackened and so dried out that I only ate 2 bites before I called it quits. I ate the fries which were very fresh and drank my room temperature water which was served in a dirty glass. I didn't complain about my food, and requested a box because I hate wasting food and decided my corgi would enjoy this burger for dinner more than I did for lunch.

While we were there, a family beside us also ordered 2 burgers and left as soon as they saw how dried out and burnt their's were. They literally just handed the waiter a $20 to cover the food cost and walked out completely disgusted.

With the limited menu, the lack of cleanliness, the poor quality of food, etc I'd definitely go elsewhere.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

First off we had to pay $5.00 to park for one hour.

We were warmly greeted when we walked in. The bar atmosphere was really cool. However, we got sat upstairs in a small area with no one around. And no atmosphere. Quite boring if you ask me

We were given water with no ice, and then when asked for straws, he comes back with them in his hand, with no paper around them and then threw them on the table. We had to ask for sweeteners and condiments several times because they don't put those on the table.

Ordered scotch egg, first time trying it, we were pleased.

I ordered the idiot burger which is a signature item. I have to say it was very good. My husband got the truffle crab Mac n cheese and he too liked it

The food was good, some of the service was crap, our regular server was fine. But it wasn't worth the parking inconvenience. I guess if you're already downtown it would be worth the visit, but I wouldn't go out of my way

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I live in Lexington and have eaten here 3 different times. SERVICE is not there area of expertise nor does it seem to alarm anyone. Drinks which they have lots of beers on tap take for for ever. once you get one you are lucky if your server comes back to get a refill for you. If you ask someone else its not there job so they are not worried about it. 7 of us dined last Thursday night out on the front patio. With a rain storm looming you would think they might want to attempt to speed things up so you would stay and eat and maybe drink more. All 7 of us wished it would have rained so we would have gone somewhere else. 2 ladies got chicken, mmm dry chicken not good at all I tried it and they didn't eat eat. Burger is probably the best thing on the menu with pulled pork on it, bun was so soggy you couldn't qualify it as a bun, it was more like a noodle. Honestly the only thing we could all agree we like was the brussel sprouts app. Many better choices in the Lexington area and downtown. I am a little bit of a food snob as I have said in previous post. With that being said I will try anything, if the food is ok I can deal with it it the service and food is no good not so much.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

It could have been so good and yet, it was pretty mediocre with service bordering on plain bad. We were ushered upstairs where, having been told the dish I wanted from the rather eclectic menu wasn't available, we were then abandoned by our waiter. What he had brought me as a replacement dish was awful (dried out pork on a tortilla with a bit of pickled cabbage that meant it could be described as Korean). The room had emptied out, everyone was downstairs. I needed salt and pepper but he - and the other staff were nowhere to be seen. I fetched it myself. I wanted a glass of wine but there was nobody to ask. After a good 10 minutes I went downstairs and asked for someone to come and take my order. The waiter reappeared a bit later, apologising endlessly and to his credit, took my Korean mess off the bill. Go for a drink, maybe a salad or a small bite but if you want dinner, go elsewhere.