“Fast Casual, Great Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Smashing Tomato
Ranked #100 of 885 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Kentucky
“Fast Casual, Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great authentico rustic pizza and Ceasar salads! We love taking the family out on Thursdays for 1/2 price bottles of wine and a managers special (large) ~ $25 (+tip).

Visited March 2014

Lexington, Kentucky
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

A unique pizza. nice light but toasty crust. Was not dripping with oils like many pizzas are. Was a really good deal too. I paid under $10 for a 12" pizza that I would rate as a gourmet type.

Visited November 2013
warsaw,OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stopped in for dinner on a Thursday evening, which was awesome timing because Thursday night is Wine Night. All bottles are $10. They didn't have a great selection but we were able to find something decent to go with our pizzas and salad. We both ordered the manager's special, which was a 12" pizza and a salad with their delicious sheet music bread for $11.99. We both got the smashed sauce, which is spicy. The salads were huge, fresh and delicious. The pizzas are wood-fired european style and quite good. The atmosphere was fun and casual. We will be back the next time we are in Lexington.

• Visited September 2013
grand rapids mi
“Great Quick Stop for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

On our way south through Lexington, my husband, adult son and I stopped for lunch at a great pizza/salad place just off Highway 75. It was a short way off the freeway and around the back of a mall but definitely worth the tiny detour. We sat outside(there were 3 tables) and enjoyed pizza(the men) and a great salad (me).

• Visited May 2013
Lutherville, Maryland
“99% Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Decided to patronize Smashing Tomato based on Trip Advisor reviews, and was looking for an alternative to Joe Bologna's and Mellow Mushroom (been there, eaten that). We got an order of sheet music bread, an Italiano (with Neapolitano sauce), a Margherita (with Smashed sauce - paid extra for olives) and two beers (IPA 6 and Samuel Adams).

This is a self-seat establishment and they buzz you when your food is ready. The pizza was slightly under-done (cooks in a 1000 degree oven for only 90 seconds, we were told), but the crust was good. The IPA 6 beer was awful (it is brewed in Lexington) and is the first beer I have not find in my adult life (not the restaurant's fault). The margherita pizza did not come with the olives I paid for, but this oversight was compensated by the A-one, top notch service we received - the bus boys brought us pizza boxes for left overs (with wax paper already inside) and they were efficient and extremely polite. One of them even helped us work our way through the menu, as it was obviously our first time visiting when we arrived.

One complaint - the sheet music bread arrived after our pizza and I am not sure that it really had any flavor. I would not order it again.

I typically hammer restaurants that botch my order, but the oversight on the olives on my pizza ($1) was easily erased by the excellent service and good food. The ambiance was also great - not too loud, not too crowded, and very friendly service. If tipping were an option, I'd have no problem leaving 25%.

Next time I am back in Lexington, KY I will make an effort to stop in Smashing Tomato.

• Visited August 2013