“Just really good BBQ”

Ranked #46 of 951 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At City Barbeque, we are 100% devoted to the craft of barbeque. All of our meats are smoked on-site at each restaurant, hand rubbed with spices, and take upwards of 18 hours to become pure barbeque perfection. Our employees prepare our sides throughout the day from scratch in the restaurant and give it the same attention they would give to their own family. This is barbeque in its truest form, created by people who are dedicated to doing it right. Enjoy your meal in our restaurant or order online for our very popular party pack meals for take out. Having a special event and don't want to worry about the food? We are famous for our delicious and affordable catering. Our catering teams specialize in catering wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners, catered company events and picnics, party catering, holiday catering, graduation party catering, and all around fun. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've been to a lot of BBQ places...Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Kansas City, etc. I seek them out. This place ranks among the best places I've tried. The brisket is consistently moist, flavorful, and has just enough fat to make it tasty. The pulled pork is equally good. They offer a good variety of sides and sauces, too. Good atmosphere. Great food. Can't wait for the new place to open near the old Turfland Mall.

Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Wow, thanks for the awesome review! We can't wait to open our second Lexington location either :) I would love for your first sandwich there to be on us! Please send me your mailing address (jordan@citybbq.com) and I would love to get you a voucher for making our day!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I worked 12hours yesterday and on the way home, I remembered City BBQ has their special deal on ribs every Tuesday. Ribs are $1.15 per bone. I got 15 ribs. Mac & cheese. Greens and corn bread, plus peach cobbler with extra whipped cream for less than $25.00. My family loved the meal. We got two sauces, sweet and original. Everything was delicious and tasted like home cooked! I can't wait until next Tuesday !!!

Samantha S, Marketing at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Ah gosh, blushing over here! :) What a great review! Would you mind emailing me (samantha@citybbq.com) with your mailing address? I would love to send something sweet your way. See you Tuesday!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have been here four or five times. This is another place on our list when we come into town. The place is always full and the food has been great in each visit.

Samantha S, Marketing at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thanks for the great review! If you wouldn't mind, please email me (samantha@citybbq.com) your mailing address - I want to send you something sweet to enjoy during your next visit! :)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Its a Chain restaurant with a family environment and the most tender and succulent meats you can fathom. The cornbread was soooooo moist and flavor full, and the mac & cheese was top shelf stuff. With shaded outdoor seating its a great place to spend a warm afternoon and eat your fill in a relaxing environment, not to mention some great fresh lemonade, and a variety of BBQ sauces at eat table to fit any craving.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My son and I have never had BBQ this good! I had the sampler with great turkey, sausage, and pulled pork. The BBQ sauces were great! The staff was very friendly and happy to have customers from a far away city. The sides were really good, too (I had the baked beans and corn pudding). The cost was extremely reasonable. Last, the restaurant was very easy to find after getting off the Interstate. It was a great and memorable dining experience!

1  Thank Das_Boot