“Very average food (I would not call this an Italian restaurant).”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quality
Description: Portofino features an inventive menu of Italian and American cuisine. Located in a beautifully renovated building on Main Street in downtown Lexington, KY, Portofino has an elegant interior design, a menu with the highest quality ingredients, and an extensive wine list.
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Very average food (I would not call this an Italian restaurant).”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had dinner here with two other colleagues on a Friday night. Lets start with the positive. They have Pepsi products, and specifically Mountain Dew. Now the negative. Everything else was very average and overpriced. The bread they serve you is nothing special. I ordered the tomato soup, and again, it was nothing special. I ordered the gnocchi as an entree and I could have cooked just as good of a meal, if not better, at home. Perhaps the strangest of all, people (i.e. locals) told me this was supposed to be an Italian restaurant. I did not get that at all. It seemed like a typical modern restaurant. It had equal choices of pasta, meat, and fish, none of which looked very Italian. Considering the food, the prices are a bit steep. I probably would not come here again. I would try some place else.

• Visited October 2013

Hallandale Beach, Florida
“" Excellent meal "”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our party of 7 thoroughly enjoyed our meals here....I ate probably the best lasagna in my life, to bad I couldn't finish it all....the wine, food, service, & atmosphere at this establishment, is top notch & I hope we return next yr.

• Visited September 2013
Georgia
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This place in downtown Lexington is a great place to eat with a nice Italian menu. It has an excellent wine list. The service was very good.

• Visited September 2013
Cologne, Germany
“Very good restaurant.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner at this restaurant. The outside area is very nice; there was just a lot of noise from a building next door which was unfortunate. Although it is on the expensive side, the food was excellent.

• Visited August 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great spot for romantic dinner”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to try a restaurant we had never been to before in Lexington for our 5 year anniversary. I'm glad we went, the atmosphere was very nice, food and service well.... it was ok. I would go back for lunch or even to try dinner one more time.

• Visited August 2013