“Terribly Disappointed”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Not having been in a long time we were looking forward to sharing a lovely dinner with friends.
First the positive- our server was excellent.
From there it went straight down hill.
The wives each had a warm spinach salad which was very small, tasteless and way over priced. They then ordered a southern style cordon bleu wrapped in Phyllo. Both orders were delivered burned on the bottom, dry and also tasteless. Our server was apologetic and asked if they would like something else. Because of the time they decided on the French Onion soup. It was delivered to the table looking very appealing. Upon trying it and I tried it as well, let me just say I have had better out of a can.
My meal was not much better. Having ordered the rabbit I was hoping for something close to what I had jus had in Spain (rabbit being one f my favorites). It was stringy an almost to dry to eat.
NO we will not be returning again.

There are newer reviews for A LA Lucie

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was in Lexington on a business trip one week before Christmas on a frigid (for Kentucky) Tuesday night. My work partner and I walked around a couple blocks in the vicinity and chose A la Lucie because it was the only busy looking place on a very quiet downtown evening. We both ordered from specials list and requested a modified appetizer (simple fried green tomato) which they accommodated. I had a healthy fish dish with stewed winter veggies and partner went with a dressed up liver dish which was fantastic for liver aficionados. Due to consuming a pre-dinner Kentucky Bourbon from a nearby distillery I did not partake of wine. I would definitely like to eat here again and recommend it!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I decided to try something different for our anniversary other then Italian or Mexican food. The restaurant is conveniently located in Lexington downtown - across the court building and is only open in the afternoon from 5 pm-10 pm during the week. It's a really friendly, European style atmosphere and very guest and family orientated. The food is a mixture of French/ European and local food. The staff is highly professional and very helpful and entertaining. They have a huge variety of wines and the menu is a la carte. It is a bit pricey but you really get your palate tickled with all the different flavors which are beautifully combined. Their home made french bred is a must have and eat.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

There were two French bistros on the same street about one block apart in Lexington, KY. We picked this on a whim. We made reservations, and came about 10 minutes early. Once we were seated, we waited a long time for the drinks, waited for the food; I asked for the check when I ordered dessert just to get things moving. Good lively atmosphere, not one for a "romantic night out." Lady next to our table talked non-stop about nothing :-) Food was very good, portions were appropriate. We felt full but not stuffed--a wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Dry....dry rabbit; dry cornish hen. Overcooked scallops and lobster in a separated mornay sauce. Three of us dining and not any good to say. And it's not that the restaurant was overcrowded. With so much on the menu, we felt that every thing had been precooked well in advance and microwaved for serving. Also the tables are so close you can't help but hear the conversations right in your ear.