“Good Southern Food in a Fun Atmosphere”
Review of Ramsey's Diner

Ramsey's Diner
Ranked #5 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Bloomington, IN
“Good Southern Food in a Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ramsey's Diner combines combines authentic southern classics with an eclectic dining area in a college town. I wish I could get food like this in Indiana. My favorite entree is the cajun fried catfish, which is spicy but still comfortable, and has the perfect texture of breading. But what really makes it are the sides, I have had several different corn sides including the cream corn, corn pancakes, and parmesan deep fried corn on the cob, all are excellent and more interesting than many restaurants serve.

I was afraid when they moved from downtown to Zandale that the inside wouldn't be as cute, but it is, and I love the new patio.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 817saraht

Adamsville, tn
“Great home cooking!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Ramsey's for dinner. It was late and the restaurant wasn't very crowded. Sarah was our waitress and she was fabulous, so sweet and friendly. We all had the meat and three of different menu items. The food was wonderful and portions are very generous. The vegetables are locally grown during the summer months. Don't miss this locally owned establishment.

Lexington, Kentucky
“The place for a homestyle Kentuckian taste”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you want something Kentuckian, Ramsey's is the place. Perhaps the food is not amazing, or the highest quality, but it is Kentuckian, and like the environment of the restaurants, it is comfortable. Don't go if you are expecting the best food you can imagine. Go there if you like real Kentucky food, or want to know what that is. Unfortunately all the Ramsey's restaurants I have been to get a little more business than they can comfortably keep up with, at least during peak hours, and there have been several times when they could not keep everything on the menu available. But if someone wants to know what Kentucky food is, this is probably the best restaurant to take them to.

• Visited March 2014
Howell, Michigan
“Good Prices, Good Portions”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We dined at Ramsey's while visiting friends in Lexington. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were large.

My husband had the Hot Brown as we were told it was a real Lexington dish. He enjoyed it so much that he's trying to recreate it at home. I had a Reuben and it was more than I could finish.

Our friend's son had the buffalo chicken tenders and they were too spicy for him. I could smell the buffalo sauce across the table, clearing my sinuses.

We did not have any dessert, but our friends said that their pies are amazing!

• Visited June 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great local place with home cooking!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful local restaurant with lots of choices! Hot brown is amazing, also great omelets, turkey Reuben, and Cajun catfish, just to name a few! Veggies are also delicious, especially when locally grown produce is featured. New location in Zandale has a lovely, open, atmosphere and has quickly become my family's favorite Ramsey's in town!