“Good Unique Food, Fun Place”
Review of Atomic Cafe - CLOSED

Atomic Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Palm Springs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Unique Food, Fun Place”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This Caribbean-themed little jewel is a favorite of locals and one you'll have to search out just a bit; It is located a few blocks north of Lexington's Main St. The food is good, the service friendly, and it's priced reasonably. The dining room is decorated floor to ceiling in a tropical mural. The large patio area is covered, pleasant and sports a full bar and table service. Unique items on the menu include conch fritters, sweet potato chips (not fries) and some other Caribbean inspired dishes. More Americana fare is also available including salads and burgers. When I'm in town, I always make it a point to get here at least once.

Visited May 2014

Jefferson City, Missouri
“Good Food & Good Service”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling, so we checked into our hotel and searched for something different and relaxing. Our waitress was very nice, food was good, and the atmosphere was very friendly and relaxing. We were told the University was on spring break so things were a little quieter than normal for the area. Favorite was the sweet potato chips with the fresh salsa dip, yum!

York, Pennsylvania
“My FAV in Lexington KY”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Definitely my FAVORITE place to eat and good times in Lexington KY. This is a very unique Carribean restaurant....more Jamaican & Cuban style food, so look for spicey. The menu is full of great selections, conch fritters, jerk shrimp, fish, rice, black beans, Love the corn bread.....too many to list! Also for the more American palet you may get your burger, Awesome Chicken Pot Pie, steaks etc....
You want atmosphere be sure to hit the patio in the summer.....MUY Bonita!!!! and call to see what Live Band is playing on the weekends! Nice out door lounging, bar and plenty of space to get your Reggaeton on!
Had my Bachlorette dinner here with wide age range for 28-68 ALL had a great time!!! & wonderful Service!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TinktheTraveler
Lexington, Kentucky
“Tasty but ill”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went for the first time after hearing so much about it. The food was tasty, but the waitress had a cold and got us sick as well.

Visited December 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Craptomic Cafe”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This place used to be good but wow how things have changed! Had queso dip, crab cakes, pork kabobs, and jerked chicken at the table. The only edible dish we had were the crab cakes and they were ok. The jerked chicken was absolutely terrible and what a total disappointment. That dish should not be called "jerked" chicken. It is chicken covered in some awful mixture of unknown spices but definitely not jerked chicken that I've had in Jamaica or anywhere else. The service was also terrible. Our server was more interested in talking on her phone and texting than waiting on our table. Overall a bad experience and I will not be returning. I would maybe recommend this place for drinks when they have a band but eat somewhere else before you go!

• Visited September 2013