“Go for brunch on Sunday”

The Ketch Seafood Grill
Ranked #214 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Kentucky
“Go for brunch on Sunday”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We eat here regularly. In my opinion the best time to go is during their Sunday brunch. They have the BEST french toast in Lexington I have found so far- order it with bacon and a side of fresh fruit. Not the nasty old fruit you get at other restaurants, but the kind you would make for yourself. The ingredients are always seasonal and the quality shows. You can also get fresh squeezed orange juice- it literally tastes like they squeezed it right before they brought it to the table. My husband always gets the breakfast burrito with a side of guacamole (also the best guac in lex in my opinion). If you can't make it for the brunch menu try getting lunch there- the specials they have through the week are priced really well and you get a ton of food. This place is a gem if you know what to order!

• Visited May 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Terrible service and bland food”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Had never been impressed with this restaurant but decided to give it another try. Hard to imagine worse service. Probably took 20 minutes to get our drink orders. Another 20 to get a food order. The waitress was freindly but was skilled inthe art of ignoring customers -- making it impossible to even get her attention. The disengenuous blaming of the kitchen staff was little comfort.

I had the oyster po-boy (thinking that would not take too long to prepare). It consisted of a few tastless fried oysters on a bland roll, with two tiny pieces of plastic tomatos. Sad excuse for food.

The retsurant looks like one of those decreped restaruant one sees on Restaurant Impossible. Tired and ugly decore. Rgrettably, there is simply nothing positive to say about this place.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank lexfrank
Owensboro, Kentucky
“So So restaurant”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We wanted to try a non-chain restaurant and the reviews we read were good so we opted to try it. Mistake! The service was slow and the food was mediocre at best. I ordered the shrimp skewer and the shrimp were slightly underdone. The flavor was just so-so. My husband ordered the Voodoo casserole and it was pretty bland. Will not be going back.

• Visited April 2013
Wilmore, Kentucky
“Partially Fresh Seafood, Slow Service”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Day and Time: We arrived here on a Thursday at approx. 12:40 PM. There were only five people in the restaurant during this normally busy lunch period. The nice thing was that there was plenty of parking and seating. However, this should have also been a clue as to the quality of food and service.
Atmosphere: The owner attempts to capture the ambience and simplicity of a coastal food shack. Having moved to the Lexington area from the Florida Panhandle, I appreciate the rough wood and laid back dining arrangements. The overly loud music is a variety of New Orleans type blues with occasional inland blues players thrown in. The music was good, but the volume intruded on our dining experience. It may have been different if there were more voices to warrant the volume.
Food: Before we were seated we asked the hostess/waitress about the level of freshness and the geographical source of the seafood. She told us that all the seafood was flown in fresh each day to Louisville and then sent directly to them. Then without missing a breath, she proceeded to share with us how great their hamburgers were. We missed the connection here...we should have ordered the hamburgers.
My wife had the large cajun grilled shrimp. They were not very large. I would estimate that they were 36-41 count. She received ~6 shrimp. They were spicy, favorable, but overly priced. I ordered the sampler platter (oysters, clams, fish, 3 shrimp). The only fresh tasting object on the plate was the fish. The clams and shrimp must have been pre breaded. Not sure about the oysters, but they were not fresh in any sense which I have tasted. As a matter of fact, after eating the chewy chewy chewy chewy clam strips (did I mention that they were chewy - read like rubber) my jaw ached.
Service: this is interesting, we were the only diners ordering when we arrived and yet our waitress waited 17mins before she took our order. Even so, two people came in after us and received their fried meal before us. Our glasses went dry a couple of times and when we finished we got tired of waiting so we had to belly-up to the bar to pay our tab.
Overall evaluation: We were not impressed in the least. I guess I should accept the fact that we are now located in the middle of the US and getting somewhat fresh seafood is not going to happen, but poorly prepared food of any sort is an issue for us. We liked the atmosphere, but not enough to acquiesce the food and service.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FROZEN AND RUBBERY SEAFOOD... WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Seafood is FROZEN and RUBBERY.. Not at all the best Seafood. Overly priced for BAD food.. Filed a complaint and the manager didn't even acknowledge it. The decor was dark and outdated. The server we had was GREAT and probably the highlight of the night at this place

• Visited March 2013