“Barely edible, unfortunately it was hotel delivery, eat or starve.”
Review of Hunan Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I order the Curry Chicken Dinner Combo; the rice and hot and sour soup was ok. The Curry did not seem to have ANY red, yellow, or green curry in the sauce mix. It did have chicken, waterchest nuts, etc but seasoning was bland and saltless. Unfortunately I didn't spot the soy sauce in the bag until I was putting the food away. I had bought Cholula Chipotle and ham base at a speciality food store earlier in the day, so I added that for seasoning.

I also ordered Pork Egg Foo Young, Egg Foo patties looked good, didn't have much flavor. Came with sauce (NOT GRAVY)....sauce was like a brown sauce, adequate but not a compliment for egg foo young or the chicken curry.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE and a waste of $20+. Never again.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Freshly prepared Chinese food really. Excellent service. The food was delicious. I had not been here in years as I moved away from Lexington but once I ordered and got my food I remember just how good it is

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had the beef and broccoli dish. The "beef" was more reminiscent of roadkill deer, need I say more? The won-ton soup lacked proper taste, and the egg roll had the texture of damp cardboard. While speaking to the waiter, he said offered the unsolicited comment "medical people don't eat here". While the restaurant is near the hospitals, it might help if they actually open their doors before 5 PM. But first, they need a proper chef and they need to clean this place - starting with the filthy toothpick dispenser on the way out.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We were looking for carry out. On our way through town. The place was average. We would probably try another one next time. Just to find the best in town.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Had an unfortunate experience with slow service and average food quality. Also overpriced.