“So glad we gave this place a second chance!”

Palmers Fresh Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Palmers Fresh Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 942 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our first experience here over a year ago was disappointing. This time we loved it! Our party was 2 couples, we had a cheery server, Melissa, and a nice view of the pond and outside bar area, while sitting inside in the cool air conditioning. We ordered a nice pinot noir, Meomi, and the egg roll appetizer (social hour has special prices). The egg rolls were delicious, and a great start to our dinner. Warm bread with olive oil and spice dip was brought to the table while we waited for our entrees. We had the pretzel crusted trout, the grilled trout, and the salmon grill for our entrees, and all were so delicious and thoroughly enjoyed. For dessert, we had the bread pudding between the 4 of us, and had more than we could handle - this too was superb. As we were finishing our second bottle of wine, Scott, one of the managers, visited us to see how dinner was. We are so glad we came back to Palmer's a second time, and we will definitely add this restaurant to our list as one to frequent!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

First let me say that our waitress was great! Considering how busy everything was she managed to keep us in her view. Maybe going on a special day wasn't the best time to try something new. There were three of us and I was treating my mother. I was expecting a really quality meal based on things I had read. I was disappointed. We ordered an appetizer (thank goodness) which held us as we were there one hour before our dinner came out. The first two dinners out, one dinner was incorrect. The third dinner didn't come. I asked them to add scallops to my mother's dish and they put three on the dish that were about one inch in diameter and charged me $26 for her dish. My friend's meatloaf came out charbroiled on the top, they serve it in mini loaves. She said it tasted good but did not eat the whole meal. My seafood diablo was average and I was very disappointed in it. I have had much better elsewhere in Lexington. Observing other meals that were brought out, it looks like the quantities are big and the dishes looked good. I want to give them another chance but am not sure it will be worth the money. There are too many really good restaurants in Lexington.

1  Thank Deedie Goodwin L
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter and I were visiting a friend in Lexington and the friend suggested Palmers Fresh Grill for lunch. Can't wait to return to this restaurant and try dinner. The complimentary bread and olive oil bread dip was excellent; as good as any Italian restaurant. My grilled chicken sandwich was excellent. Service was very good; love a server that keeps my tea glass full. I should have asked if there was a vegie or other substitution for the fried side options (french fries, sweet potato fries or house made chips), as I generally don't eat fries. Given the level of service, I am sure the request would have been accommodated. Peeked at the neighboring table's pasta dishes and they looked very tasty. Very minor glitch- kitchen forgot to put the avocado on my daughter's BLT. Waiter returned with a few very small thin slices- a noticeably stingy serving in comparison to the otherwise satisfactory sized servings of entrees, sides, etc.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was in Lexington to move daughter from college but my wife and I celebrated our anniversary as well. Great selection of seafood and bailout-non seafood entrees. Appetizers were wonderful. Decent wine list. Very good level of service. Only down side is that it's out of downtown Lexington near the mall, which can be a crazy traffic headache.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

It has taken us a long time to get around to giving Palmer's a try, and I seriously regret that! Four of us went tonight, and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The decor and the service were also superb. We started with the oysters on the half shell, which were just what we hoped they would be. My husband ordered a pineapple jalapeño margarita at the waitress' suggestion, and ended up drinking three of them. We were so impressed with her taste that we each selected one of her suggestions. I had the special Ahi Tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes and pan-roasted Brussels Sprouts. Delicious! My husband had the pretzel-crusted trout with red potatoes and spinach. His was even better than mine! One of our companions had the pork chop, which he selfishly are all by himself, but his wife shared bites of her meatloaf, which I will go back for ASAP, and I don't usually like meatloaf. It's not like anything you've ever had. It comes with a couple of onion rings that are spicy, and they were good, but the least impressive thing I ate. None of us had room for dessert, but they had a lot of beautiful options. Can't wait to go back!