“Nice hole in the wall for a good sandwich”
Review of Limestone Blue

Limestone Blue
Ranked #230 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were looking for a late lunch. After more than five minutes in a small nearly empty space sitting right next to three chatty servers and a bartender we still hadn't been attended too even though we had been greeted and seated. That was the low point though as the sandwich selections were enticing, the sandwiches were great and the decor was fun and modern.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I'm loving this place! Not only the food but the atmosphere & space. Went at 1:00 on Friday w/a friend & it was just perfect. Not too packed so getting a table was easy. I also didn't feel rushed. I had the Brie sandwich & it was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. Our waitress was very nice also. Just wish I could remember her name so that I could write it here. She was blonde w/a pony tail That's all I've got! Go try this place!

1  Thank K B
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Limestone Blue has a variety of great sandwiches, salads, and sides. I've had their grippos mac and cheese and the Hot Brown Mac and Cheese. Both are delicious. The "hot mamma" which is pulled buffalo chicken with a blue cheese cole slaw is to die for. Breakfast is good. And i had a sandwich with turkey, brie, bacon, and apples that was fantastic. and everything is $8. LOVE

1  Thank Ryan E
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A friend recommended this new restaurant for lunch. I opted for the Rachel, to compare with the one at Wines on Vine nearby. Tasty, but again, there was that pressed turkey breast again, so I'm giving up on turkey sandwiches in Lexington for a while. A Thai salad was one of the other options that day as a special; it might have been a better choice. Some of the sides looked quite interesting and enticing. Service was very good. I'll give them a second try before heading home. Location is right downtown, across from the courthouse. The lunch hour is probably packed, although there are some outdoor tables if the weather is nice.