“Worth a visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
La Grange, Kentucky
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Pete's wok was a part of my college tradition nearly 20 yrs ago. I was elated when I found it while in town. My husband and I ordered the Mongolian Beef & General Tso's lunch plate. You won't be disappointed with their food. Fresh, delicious, and well worth your money. I will definitely be stopping here again!

• Visited August 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“I Love Pete's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Back in the early 90's, while a student at UK, I used to eat at Pete's literally, every weekday. I would order plain fried rice and a water ($.86!) and on pay days (from my IBM job), combo fried rice, Pho or Hieu tieu.

Over the period of a few years, Pete became a friend.

At some point after I graduated, Pete closed down. I never forgot the taste of Pete's food and occasionally Googled "Pete's Wok" to see of he had opened back up.

So, you can imagine my elation when on leaving town last fall from a weekend at Keeneland, we drove right by a Pete's Wok sign! We did an immediate u-turn and headed in.

There at the register was Pete, 20-years older.

Since we'd already had lunch, we ordered everything to-go: pho, combo fried rice, spring rolls, and lo mein. Everything was fantastic and tasted just like I remembered.

I am thrilled to see Pete back in business. We've been stopping in after each visit to stock up and chat.

I'd definitely recommend Pete's to anyone local or visiting.

“Vietnamese to Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Let me first say that Vietnamese food really shouldn't be taken to go as the food involves a lot of fresh produce such as bean sprouts, cucumber, and etc. However if you must go the take out route, this place serves very fresh and very authentic Vietnamese dishes. We ordered the Bo Bung (vermicelli noodles with beef, cucumbers, lettuce, and bean sprouts topped with crushed peanuts.) it comes with nouc mam which is a sweet, sour, and salty sauce that's is awesome with many different dishes. Pour it right on top. Reminds me of my moms cooking. We also got the Goi Coung which is two spring rolls. Two rolls with shrimp, roasted pork, mint, cucumber, lettuce, and bean sprouts wrapped in a rice wrapper. Dip it in the nouc mam instead of the bran sauce! It's amazing! I'm Vietnamese and I know good authentic Vietnamese food and this is as close as it gets unless your momma is Vietnamese like mine!

Lexington, Kentucky
“Wide Variety of Options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

If you can't find what you are looking for at Pete's, then you have no idea what you want! Pete has great advice on options, if you want to try something new. They have traditional Chinese and Thai, as well as Vietnamese. Some of the best Asian cuisine I have had in Lexington. Great place to try new things, with Pete's guidance. You can't let the location and decor fool you. The food is far beyond what you see. Give Pete's Wok a try. You won't be disappointed!

Lexington, Kentucky
“If you are looking for good food you won't find it here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We visited Pete's Wok because we had a Living Social Deal. I won't be going back, I only rated this a two because they were very nice, so good customer service. I stuck with ordering standard items since the place was new to me.

I had the egg drop soup. It wasn't horrible, but it tasted like they dumped a whole box of salt in it. My husband and I split some crab ragoons. If there was crab in it I couldn't find it. It was basically a big glob of cream cheese with nothing in it, in the center of a wanton. And I also ordered sweet and sour chicken. I ate one piece of the chicken and couldn't eat any more of it. It was so greasy, and tasteless. Even the sauce couldn't help it.

• Visited April 2014