“College Eats”

Dining options: After-hours
Richmond, Kentucky
“College Eats”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Tolly-Ho is a local college student favorite. Make sure you tell them its your first time so you can get the special discount they offer. Always a great place to go with friends. UK basketball players are often seen here, with the occasional football player as well. Rather inexpensive food with a fun atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013

Lubbock, Texas
“Good diner food, miss the old location.”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Great greasy spoon. I personally am addicted to the cheddar tots. I do really miss the old location though. I've been to the new one and it just isn't the same :(

• Visited October 2012
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“A UK Tradition. Tolly Ho Burger is a must!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Tolly Ho is a UK tradition for many years. Located close to the UUK campus, it is of course big with the students. But draws locals alike with great food, late hours, and a new facility. The cheddar-tots, Tolly Ho burger, Omlets and Hash Browns are legendary. Personally, I have to have a Tolly Ho Burger every time I go there! Clean, large, located close to campus and downtown.

Visited June 2013
North Olmsted, Ohio
“Very pricey and popular bar food”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Visiting Lexington last Tuesday night, nothing was open for kitchen service after 10pm. We found this Tolly-ho and were in greasy after bar food heaven. I was shocked to see that our bill for 1 burger, 1 chicken sandwich, 1 order of onion rings, 1 soda, and 1 milkshake was $26! I saw on the front door they take the University meal card plan. How can those kids afford to eat there? Anyways, I see how it serves it's after bars shut down and drunken need food purpose.

• Visited April 2013
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Grease and lots of it”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I know this is a burger joint and will be greasy, but nothing could prepare me for what I experienced. I heard this is "one of the best burgers in Lexington" so we thought we would give it a try. We ordered a couple of "Ho-Burgers" with bacon on them. When they arrived the bacon was not cooked, so rather than risk parasites I took it off. My companion took his first bite as I watched blood-tinged grease run out of the burger onto his fries. That pretty much took my appetite. I did manage to nibble a bit around the edges, and I contented myself eating the basic crinkle cut fries. The price was definitely low, but I just expected our food to be done. They weren't busy either. Where in Lexington is the "Best Burger"?

• Visited December 2012