“Fantastic Seafood Joint!”

Smithtown Seafood
Ranked #121 of 892 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
KY
“Fantastic Seafood Joint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Ouita Michel has done it again with this great seafood joint. The cod sandwich is absolutely delicious. I've also enjoyed the beer slaw dog, which is highlighted by the super crunchy dog. Maybe crunchy isn't the best word, but you know the pop you get when biting into a high quality dog? You definitely get that here! The seafood is the star here!

Visited May 2014

York, South Carolina
“Fresh affordable seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a casual place that serves a variety of fresh seafood prepared in a number of different ways. You can get a sandwich or a complete meal. I had the fried flounder dinner which was a generous size portion of fish and sides that was delicious. My wife had the grilled yellow fin tuna dinner that she was pleased with. The pricing is reasonable. The restaurant is in the same building as the West Sixth Brewery so you can add to your meal with a good beer. I would visit this place again.

• Visited April 2014
Asheville
“Fishy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Adjacent to West Sixth Brewery and most excellent fried fish, hush puppies, and fries. Delivered to the table in the brew pub-where one finds excellent beer choices!

Visited March 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“D-E-L-I-S-H”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Absolutely delicious. I enjoyed every mouthful of the fish tacos (I ordered two). If I had ordered one it probably wouldn't have been enough (& I'm a small gal ;-) Glad I ordered two. Love the Asian twists offered on the menu. Love the sauces they offer at the little side counter. Like the ease of the place. Laid back atmosphere, etc. Guys working there were super nice. ANNNNNNNND…..I even got a teeny-tiny beer next door at West Sixth Brewery? I was a happy girl ;-) (By the way…if eating there you will simply walk next door to West Sixth to grab a table.) I will definitely be going back. They also offer cookies at the counter from their Midway Bakery. I had the "Corn" cookie. It had a very interesting and unique taste. Super sweet. They offer several cookie varieties and I'll try another flavor next time;-) But you must try this place. Super yummy!

• Visited March 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Fresh and full of flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went to Smithtown Seafood for dinner. It was very busy but the atmosphere is great and I enjoyed it being attached to West 6th Brewery. I tasted everything that was ordered in my party. My favorite dish was the rice paper fish tacos off the appetizer menu. It was full of flavor and I wanted more than the one I ordered. The only downfalls were it was slightly greasy and I didn't eat it right away and the rice paper fell apart so it was harder to eat "taco style". I also got the Beer Slaw hot dog. It was delicious. It comes with lots of toppings. I had to dip for the beer cheese but it was there. The fries are fresh and the portion was perfect. I also tried the black-eyed pea salad (the fresh herbs really gave it a nice kick) and Barley Tabbouleh. The Barley Tabbouleh was my least favorite but it wasn't bad just slightly bland. The fried shrimp tasted very fresh as well.

Service was great. The only downfall was if you wanted water with your meal, you had to go ask for it at the bar.

• Visited February 2014