“This is a fine old stand-by. Always consistant, a throw back to old school steakhouses...dark and woody decor...”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #39 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 13 December 2007

This is a fine old stand-by. Always consistant, a throw back to old school steakhouses...dark and woody decor, efficient staff, quality food, goodly portions at reasonable prices. Order off the regular menu as we have found the prime selection to actually not be as good as the everyday offerings. Try the Prime Rib, the Strip and don't forget the tamale cakes - they are the best! They always manage to fit our party in - even during the Keeneland meet. Reliable, quality dining in a comfortable atmosphere.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

New York City
“good place for steak”
Reviewed 15 January 2007

I am in town for business from New York City and this is the only steak house I went to so I can't really verify the claim that some of the other review made that this is the best steak house in town. But I have to say that the T-bone steak I got was excellent. I also had a cream of potato soup which was also very good. The service was quick, I did go on a Monday and the place was pretty quiet, but looking at the huge parking lot in the back, I am guessing that this place get busy on weekends. I would definitely re command this place to any one looking for good steak. By the way my dinner came to about $40 (including wine).

1 Thank frostbite0