“Absolutely Delicious!”

Ranked #28 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Authentic fresh Greek Food.
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have thoroughly enjoyed having Athenian Grill in the neighborhood! The food is fresh and OUTSTANDING! I am partial to the Pastitsio and am completely addicted to the Dolmathakia!!! Even though I can't pronounce either correctly, there is not even a hint of snobbery here-- the owners and employees take pride in what they are creating! The atmosphere is lovely, and I enjoy the outdoor dining space. All in all, an incredibly delicious experience!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AnnaCmmkay

Lexington, Kentucky
“Classic gyro is AMAZING”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I liked these guys when they were just a food truck, but now that they have an actual shop, I love their food. The gyro meat of the spit is to die for. Everything I've had there is fantastic!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank S M
“Solid Menu”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Classic gyro meat made me weak in the knees. I have tried multiple things on the menu and have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and I have always felt welcome.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Eliza_J0
Lexington, Kentucky
“Overpriced, small portions and cramped quarters= no thanks”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went here with a friend not long ago. We had to get our food to go, and eat at a place with actual rooms for diners. This place is TINY! 5 little tables? The food was overpriced for a lunch, esp. the small portions we got of what they called 'Greek lasagna' and moussaka. The lasagna was nothing special, with the pasta too dried out. The moussaka and salads were okay, but not like I expected. It's quite noisy, too we thought. And I was half scared to death when this huge flame shot up in the kitchen. Surely there's a way to cook w/o scaring your customers!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Suzescott77
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greek food that was unspectacular”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Meh, tried it, wasn't impressed. The place is too small, crowded and so it's noisy with the customers and employees in the same room. The potatoes were lukewarm, and quite salty, as another reviewer mentioned. The lasagna-type dish was fine except for the pasta, which was too hard and very bland. We liked the spinach pie, though, and the salad was ok, but with tomatoes very much out of season.

• Visited March 2014