“Airline Crew”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington Green
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Nice hotel short layover this time, if I get a long layover in the future then I'll do another review. Free wifi for crew & 50% discount at the hotel restaurant which is good. I like having a living & bedroom also. Seems like there are a lot of walking activities close by which is good. No complaints so far great hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I spent the night here for our anniversary. Very nice hotel and reasonably priced. Liked how the room had a sitting room separate from the bedroom. The king sized bed and pillows were very comfy. One of the best sleeps Ive had at a hotel. The staff was friendly. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. Also enjoyed the Boathouse next door. Nice place for drinks and some live music for the 30+ crowd. My only complaint is that my stay wasnt long enough!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is the 3rd year that our baseball team has stayed at this location. Nice 2 room suites for a good group rate.
Large outdoor pool. The live music at the bar next door was nice at the pool, but a little loud when trying to sleep on the lake side of hotel.
Staff very friendly.
Several Nice lounge areas outside rooms of each floor where people could hang out.

Room Tip: Lake side has a pretty view, but loud at night from nearby bar. Parking lot side is more quiet...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We just got home from staying here overnight. This hotel is simply amazing. It's the cleanest, most comfortable place my family and I have ever stayed! The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were to die for! The staff was very nice and kind, answered all of my questions, and was very considerate. The pool area was clean and the bookstore and café's adjacent to the hotel facility was simple remarkable! We didn't even know it had a pond and a two story bookstore!
This place was amazing! I will be staying here a lot in the future. Thank you Hilton. You all are amazing

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for 6 days in July and will definitely stay here again for our next trip to Lexington. We were here from out of state for my husband to have surgery at the UK medical center and needed a place that was clean, comfortable, roomy and pleasant, since we were here for an extended stay. Everything about this hotel fit our requirements! The room was spotless and well appointed. We interacted with a number of different staff and without exemption, they were very friendly and helpful. A few days into our stay we had a little problem with the air conditioner. Within 5 minutes of calling we had a maintenance engineer at our door, who promptly fixed the glitch. That's MUCH better service than when we had a similar problem at a very high-end Ritz Carlton hotel!

I'd like to give my take on the noise problem people have commented about. We arrived on a Monday and left on a Saturday. There was no difficulty with noise until Friday, when a big group of families and little boys were here for a little league tornament. The parents were as noisy as the kids- maybe more! I did see an employee speaking to a parent asking them to keep their child from running around, but really, it's like herding cats to get dozens and dozens of excited little boys and their inconsiderate parents to behave! This type of thing happens at all hotels, but the architecture of this hotel unfortunately makes the problem a little more obvious. The hotel's 6 floors of suites are all arranged around a big open rectangular atrium, so you hear more of what's going on from down below and across the way. Also, at the ends of the rectangle on each floor are gathering areas of sofas, chairs etc. where people congregate and socialize, so if your room is down near those ends you might notice more noise. However, the good news is you really can't hear ANY of this noise when you are back in the bedroom of the suite. There is a heavy door that you can close between the bedroom and living room and all the noise is blocked out. We stayed in 509- a lovely room with a curved floor to ceiling window in the bedroom. Even though we were at the end of the hall and a loud group of parents parked themselves outside at a table (and left all their trash when they left!) we could not hear them in the bedroom. However, If you have someone sleeping on the sleeper sofa in the living room I can see how noise could possibly be a problem. So, if you are concerned about this I recommend you ask for a room away from either end of the corridors and I also recommend you ask for a room above the third floor, so you are less likely to hear things from the atrium. But personally, I would not let concerns about noise keep me from going back to this great hotel. Also, the deal we had included breakfast. Their breakfast is outstanding, and we could order from their menu and not just their very nice hot and cold items buffet. I recommend the Eggs Benedict from the menu- it was so good I ended up getting it every day!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

I had a quick one night stay here and was happily surprised by this property. Full disclosure I am a Hilton HHonors Diamond member so I do get a little better treatment...most of the time. I have also been getting discouraged by the quality of Hilton's in the region of late.

At any rate I had a lake facing room on the 6th floor. The room was clean and it was obvious the room had been redone in the near past. The carpet was clean and the TVs are new. The bed was great and the suite arrangement was very comfortable. The hotel was quiet and breakfast was also good. Jordan at the front desk also did a very nice job checking me in. It's nice when the front desk makes an effort to engage you in conversation that is professional but jovial.

While the building is a little dated architecturally it is holding up better than the newer Hilton downtown. It is about 10 minutes from LEX and 12-15 minutes from downtown and UK. It is next to a mall and some good restaurants.

So the drawbacks. The AC was not great. I woke up sweaty because for some reason in the night the unit kicked over to heat. This is a thermostat issue and in the hotels defense I did not mention it. The only other problem was with the wall paper in the bath. It was peeling away in a few spots. I mention this because the little things missed make me question what else might be going unattended.

In closing I will stay here again and would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Hilton is a nice overnight for us. This is our " crew hotel" and it's one of the best in our system. The rooms are clean and large. The beds are nice and it's close to anything you may need, food shopping etc. staff is always friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business