“Best Hotel in Lexington”

Hilton Lexington Suites
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Hotel in Lexington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel has the best staff, great rooms, and so close to great shopping and Keeneland. We were able to walk to shopping and movie theaters. The van was available to take me to and from the airport 24 hours. The view from my room was so great. I was able to eat breakfast at the hotel and was impressed with the selection, omlets made to order and smoked salmon were such a surprise. Will stay here every time I go to Lexington!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Fjackson2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

All in all our stay here was wonderful. The hotel was beautiful. The people went out of their way to make us comfortable. It was a great experience and I would advise everyone to stay here. The rooms were clean and neat. The beds were soft. even the overlook from our window was beautiful. It was nice also that the back of the hotel connected to the mall. While I was in class downstairs my daughter was able to walk over to the mall and do some shopping without me worring about her.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank lisav989
oxford, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

All in all, very nice suites, amenities, and nearby to food, shopping, and attractions. Staff was friendly, room service was fantastic, maid service...very good at any hour. Thanks for the stay. They have restaurant , that has a great chef, outdoor pool, fitness center, all kept clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank William S
R, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

The room was very nice - very comfortable bed! Bar service was very good - they are understaffed, but you would be hard pressed to notice. Breakfast was just not good. Weak coffee and overpriced for tepid yogurt and cold omelette. Take a quick walk to the Whole Foods market for fresh fruit. Also a quick walk is Palmer's - very good dinner, appetizers. Bar staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Douglas S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I'm usually not a fan of hotel rooms that face interiors, sometimes the bar noise wafts up, or the elevators are heard all night, and the entire circumference of the corridor can make for rowdiness. But this one was perfect. Best of these I've been in., First, it's a suite...so you can close the bedroom door and double insulate against any noise. How good is this? I was there on a night of UK basketball with people shouting in the bar 4 stories below. Couldn't hear a thing. Friendly staff. Checked me in as quick as has ever happened, they had the key ready! 15 seconds total. Why can't everyplace have that figured out? Clean. Lounge areas on each floor. Free computer in lobby. And perhaps best, for me, was that it is in the same complex as a shopping development that includes Whole foods, a whopping bookstore, other restaurants, and more...so I kept the fridge stocked w/stuff from Whole Foods for a 4 days stay. Would go again. If I could get the $62 priceline I scored.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert A
Stevensville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We spent the weekend here, as a friend was getting married. There was a large group of us from out of town, including parent, family & friends from both sides of the wedding party. Check-in was a little rocky, as there was 2 reservations that needed to be linked for the entire stay. One for Friday night, one for Saturday night because the room rates were different for each night. This happend with my father's reservation, as well. You'd think it wouldn't be a big deal, but later on in the stay, it would get annoying. Did not take the breakfast vouchers, as I opted for the bonus points of Hilton Honors members. The buffet is $13.00 a person, and looked to have standard breakfast fare. So, after check in, we go up to our room, ours was on the top floor at the end of the hall. Very dark at the end of the hall & kind of creepy. THe hotel is an atrium-style floor plan, so you can see down to the lobby, bar, etc. There is only one set og elevators in the middle of the hotel, so it may take awhile to get up to your room, if you don't want to take the stairs. Our room was a King Suite, with the pull out sofa bed. No issues with the room, it was clean, yet worn. The crown molding was pulling away from the ceiling, the wallpaper was peeling in spots, and the furniture had seen better days. Not dirty, just tired. The bedroom does have floor to ceiling widows, but you look out on a parking lot, or a pool, but it does add light to the otherwise dark room. Bathroom was fine, no issues, The tub/shower combo was a little dark when you step in, no light above the tub (but you have a phone by the toilet!). There seemed to be a lack of outlets, as well. Lamps had some outlets on the side, but the lamp had to be on while you were charing things. We had a coupon for in-room wifi. It worked well, no issues. We met some of our friends & family in the bar area after after rehearsal dinner was done & hung out watching the basketball games. Bar service was fine, nothing great, nothing bad. One issue I did have was the bartender kept calling "Last Call", as the bar supposedly closed at 11:30pm. The bar finally closed after 1:00am...and we were hassled for bringing cupcakes for a birthday by the front desk manager into the bar prior to the bar closing. After the bar closed, about 5 of us sat around, enjoying our drinks (from our room) until the bartender & front desk manager came & told us that we couldn't have outside alcohol in the bar. We were sitting at a table OUTSIDE the bar, and the bar had already closed. They cited local liquor licenses & were less than friendly about it. We ended up going to our room so as to not create any more issues. Even though there were 2 patrons, still sitting at the bar...drinking beer. So, the next day, I used to workout room. It was spacious, nice new equipment. A few treadmills & ellipticals, a recumbent bike, and free weights. Not much of a view outside the workout room. We didn't spend much time in the hotel Saturday day, but had a heck of a time trying to find the ice machine on my floor, as well as my parent's room. HINT: It's at the end of the hallway if your floor doesn't have vending. Housekeeping was a little delayed, as our room wasn't made up until afternoon on Saturday. We were told they were very busy with the large groups in town for the basketball tournaments & they were trying to get those rooms ready for the new guests. When we returned to our room Saturday afternoon to get ready for the wedding, our room keys didn't work. So, another trip down to Guest Services...cards rekeyed, no big deal. Or so we thought...until after the wedding & we returned (about 11:30pm) and our keys didn't work again. My sister & brother were staying with my parents & their keys also didn't work. There was about 10 more people at Guest Services from the wedding that had the same issue. They rekeyed ours, no problem with an ID, but wouldn't rekey my brother's & sister's keys since they weren't on the reservation. Luckily, they stayed with us until my parents returned, or else they'd have had to sit in the lobby and wait. I understand the safety aspect of this, but it's really was not handled professionally by the front desk staff. When some people were venting their frustrations about how ridiculous it was for all of us to have our cards rekeyed, the front desk manager loudly and rudely suggested that person needed to calm down. This is also the same front desk manager that chided us for bringing cupcakes. Not impressed at all with how this situation was handled. It seemed that the morning staff was MUCH friendlier than the afternoon & evening staff, who acted like we should just all get out of there & go to bed. We did meet in the bar with the bride & groom & familiy & friends after awhile & had pizza...and were told later about the noise complaints against us. If the Front Desk was receiving these complaints, why did they keep the bar open until almost 2:00am?!?! Anyway, I may stay here again, but for the rate, I'll probably choose another Hilton property on the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place was the final straw in my decision to unload my Hilton points and switch to Marriots. The fridge didn't work and spoiled all our kids foods, the restaurant is not really functioning. The pull out couch had no sheets or blankets. Place was a dump... do yourself a favor and book at a Holiday Inn or Marriot.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family