Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Columbus
“Just so so”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is in a good location. It's close to restaurants, shopping, and Rupp Arena. Check in was smooth and the staff friendly. I was expecting a room with fridge and microwave but my room had neither. I was staying for two days so I asked if I could switch rooms. I was told there were none available. The décor is outdated and not the cleanest. Both chairs in my room had very large, dark stains and carpet was very worn and needed to be cleaned. The coffee maker still had the grounds in it from the previous guest. I'm giving an average rating over poor because I still had a good night's sleep in a comfy bed and quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Chad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I want to apologize that we were not able to offer you a fridge and a microwave. I wish we would have had a suite available to move you to so that we could have provided you with one. I will make sure to pass your concerns on to the appropriate departments to make sure they are resolved. I am glad you did have a good nights sleep. Please make sure to come back and see us again whenever you return. Feel free to contact me personally, if possible I will make sure you get a room with a microwave and Fridge. Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback.

Holiday Inn Express& Suites

859.389.6800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel itself is nice enough, located right next to the overpass that leads to UK. I know this because if I opened the drapes on my window I could see the kids walking to and from classes/exams ... and they could see me. Not ideal privacy ...

Everyone who worked there was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was okay, though it would be nice if they offered some eggs without the slice of Kraft singles oozing out of the middle for those who do not want that with their morning meal. Though I didn't use it the pancake machine was an interesting contraption.

The bed was comfy enough, the shower had good water pressure, the room was certainly roomy enough. But the walls are thin. So are the ceilings. We could hear everything in the hallway, from our neighbors and from above. Nice to know those above me showered before breakfast? For $130 a night I feel like we could have gotten a little better.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room higher up to avoid the possibility of looking at everyone walking by,
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silverinc13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear silverinc13,

I appreciate your feedback regarding our property. It is nice to know that our location was convenient for your needs and you found our staff to be friendly. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation particularly with the condition of the room's sound proofing. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thanks for your review and I hope we get the chance to host you again soon

Regards,

Pam G
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A group of friends and I stayed here for a St. Patrick's Day weekend. The room was very nice and spacious, and the hotel staff was very friendly, and the bed comfortable. They were very helpful in helping us call a cab to take us downtown. There was a good selection on the continental breakfast that had both hot and cold items. The location is nice and located near the UK campus and downtown area but I would not consider this hotel to be "downtown" as in everything would be within a short walking distance. There were plenty of places to eat within walking distance (Buffalo Wild Wings, Sir Pizza, etc), and you could walk to downtown from here, but we found a cab to be an inexpenisive alternative to walking downtown. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. I am pleased you had such a great stay. I am glad you found the location and local dining convenient for you stay. I will pass your comments along to the staff as well. Please make sure to come visit us again when you return to Lexington. Maybe next St. Patty's day.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

859.389.6800
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I don't get it Holiday Inn. Your chain became popular because people could expect consistancy when traveling. We had a king sized bed in what was a very large room but no fridge/microwave. The Holiday Inn we'd been at the night before was a much smaller room but had a fridge/microwave. When we called the front desk, nobody offered to bring us one like they did with armymom3. We were told fridge/microwaves were only in rooms with two double beds. WTH? Our room was large enough for a FULL sized fridge, range and dinner table. It was a clean hotel and nice enough staff, but I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meezer P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Meezer P,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding room amenities. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stayed in Lexington for a convention and booked too late to get a downtown hotel. This Holiday Inn is close enough to downtown for a quick drive or a long walk, and it is super close to UK. Breakfast was good, and the front desk staff gave my kids cookies when we walked in. Room was fairly clean and the hotel was full but mostly quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Derek L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We appreciate the kind words about our hotel, breakfast good, accommodating front desk, clean rooms and quiet. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are happy you experienced it as such. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Paoli, IN
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Not bad for an overnight stay. Staff was friendly, room was clean, and we were able to get a late check out. However, there were no towels at the pool, the pool water was cold (but the kids didn't seem to mind), and the hot tub was slimy. If you're not planning on using the pool, you'll enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your response. We value you feedback and use it to better our Hotel. I apologize the pool was cold during your stay. I have followed up with the Maintenance staff to make sure we have corrected the issue. We hope to have you stay with us again when you return to Lexington.

Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The front desk clerk, Penney, checked us in. She was great! We asked for a fridge in our room, and she had one delivered along with a microwave within 15 minutes. She gave us great directions to a place for dinner. Our room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The pool was really nice. In the elevator, we met several of the housekeeping staff. They were very friendly and asked if we needed anything. Which we didn't. The water pressure was very good. The breakfast was good. Liked having the option of yogurt, cereal, oatmeal and fruit. They had several hot foods available also.With the window closed, we only heard 2 trains all night long. And the trains weren't loud. The internet was good. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Chad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
We are pleased that you had such a great stay with us here at out Hotel. Thanks you for taking the time to leave such a great review of our hotel. I agree that we have a Great Staff and I will be sure to pass you kind comments along to each of them. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Lexington.