“Perfect for Price”
Review of Inn on Broadway

Inn on Broadway
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at the Inn while visiting Lexington. You can not find a better deal in the area in terms of location, price, and cleanliness. This is not the Hilton by any means, but you feel safe and everything in the hotel and guest rooms is well-kept.

The most important things to me in my hotel stay are the details. The beds are amazing. Honestly, they are more comfortable than many expensive hotels I have stayed at. The showers are hot with great water pressure, and there is a separate living area with a tv in every room.

I'd recommend the Inn on Broadway to just about anyone looking for accommodations in Lexington.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad B

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel was clean and beautiful. The service was amazing and the employees were extremely nice and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again or atleast recommend it. The location was perfect. :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The Races were in full swing. The University was in Homecoming weekend so having a quiet place to rest your head was terrific. Great staff. Nice breakfast set up. Good room for gathering your group and your thoughts. Free parking. Good location. Right next to a drug store that sells most of what you need (including alcohol)
No food service or bar in the hotel - just so you know.
I'm spoiled by my towels at home - so I would have loved bigger towels.
Free parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We arrived late night on a Wednesday evening to spend a few days with our son, a student at UK. Typically we use the parent discount @ a downtown hotel however since no discount was available, we chose to look for another option near UK. Spring Hill suites were full so they suggested the Inn on Broadway. Because it was late and we were tired after a long drive, we took the room at the Inn for $69. It turned out to be an appropriate hotel for October. I could easily see this hotel being billed as a haunted mansion. Our room was large with a nice size bathroom but that is all the positive things I can say. The furniture was horribly outdated and in terrible condition, one "bed" was actually perched on top of pieces of boards and the dresser had a handle missing. There was also some sort of stool from the 1800s in addition to a small table and chairs. The bathroom did look like it had been updated within the past two decades but had cracked and peeling paint on the ceiling. The sheets, towels and curtains all had rips and holes suitable for ghost or mummy costumes, not for guest use! We did not use the breakfast option as we were thankfully meeting our son for breakfast. Maybe the management can unearth a ghost story
associated with the building as an attraction. It sure isn't a boutique hotel. I can't believe it is 49/65 Lexington hotels. What could be a worse choice?

Room Tip: I seriously doubt that there is good room.
Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I've stayed here 3 times because it is convenient and cheap if you are just basically wanting a room to stay the night. The advertise this place as a "boutique" hotel which is definitely is not! Another reviewer wrote about the rude staff and I agree, they are rude and very strange. This hotel was originally part of the luxurious Campbell House back in it's grand days so you can tell it has been very nice at one point in time.

It is old, outdated, and run down a bit. The elevators are stinky and need a little maintenance. The free breakfast is your usual cereal, toast, muffins, and juice- it is free so I did not really think it would be grand, lol. There are absolutely NO amenities at this hotel, but for $50-75 a night I really do not expect there to be any. They have attempted to put an equestrian theme to the halls, rooms, and lobby but the rooms and the beds are very early 80's!
So if you are just looking for a cheap room it is not too bad, but if you are wanting an actual "boutique" hotel as they boast then you need to look elsewhere for sure.

Room Tip: They still have some suites left from the days that this place was associated with a large chain. As...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The staff was pretty rude. The elevator smelled like a dirty diaper and they charged me 20 dollars more then my friend who had also a room. The breakfast was small, I did like the jacuzzi, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is my second time here. The first time I stayed here was in June 2012. I stayed with my boyfriend, our son and my boyfriends dad. Reason for stay is my boyfriends dad had medical surgery at nearby hospital, which they paid for our stay because we live so far away from Lexington. Our first stay wasn't bad, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room due to having to be at the hospital so much for pre registration. I did notice the wireless internet was very poor, the night shift attendant was very rude and inconsiderate. They didn't even have cable during our stay. I found out we could request a crib for free so I went to the desk, requested one and the guy tells me he don't know anything about the cribs and they must be requested ahead of time. Our second stay is august 1, 2012. I'm with the same people for the same reason. We've spent most of our time in the hotel so far. The elevator smells like a rest area restroom that hasn't ever been cleaned, our sheets are dirty, the floors are terrible. I've had to clean off my sons feet twice. They have gotten very black from the lack of cleanliness. Nothing looks like its been dusted in months. Stains are all over the floors and beds. We have cable this time and the wifi might as well not even exist. I would never pay to stay in this hotel. They don't change your sheets unless you request it, the staff is very rude, and it needs a real deep cleaning. The smell in the hallways and elevator is enough to knock you down. Stay somewhere else if you can!!

• Stayed: July 2012